I am jailbreaking my Iphone 3GS using redsn0w 0.8

I manage to load the firmware, and it tells me that I put it into DFU mode as well

Then it starts to do the jailbreaking process, and it passes stage 1, but on stage 2, it stays on 'Waiting on reboot' for the longest time. The screen is all black

I wait atleast 30 mins, but stil nothing..
    Am I doing anything wrong
    2009-08-07 04:22 PM
    When submitting any problem please state your OS platform. What OS platform are you performing the jailbreak?
    2009-08-07 04:32 PM
    Unplug your usb cable for 3 seconds, plug it back in. That's it.
    2009-08-07 04:34 PM
    Unplug your usb cable for 3 seconds, plug it back in. That's it.
    i have the same problem, and i unplug the usb cable for 3 seconds, then plug it back in, but it still giving me the black screen.......:*( any idea????
    2009-08-07 05:44 PM
    same problem here... tried jb my Iphone 3gs using redsnow 0.8 on my Mac like 20 times and still nothing. Tried to unplug my usb... nothing. still stuck on the reboot stage. what's next?!
    2009-08-07 09:50 PM
    Restart the PC and repeat DFU.
    2009-08-08 12:35 AM
    I tried it many times.

When putting it to DFU mode, on the last step (Holding Home button for 30 sec) it starts to jailbreak before the 30 secs are over

Do I continue to hold the home button while its jailbreaking for 30 secs?
    2009-08-08 03:48 AM
    I tried it many times.

When putting it to DFU mode, on the last step (Holding Home button for 30 sec) it starts to jailbreak before the 30 secs are over

Do I continue to hold the home button while its jailbreaking for 30 secs?
    This is exactly what happens on all the systems I've tried jailbreaking my 3GS 3.0.1 on, both PC and Mac. I've also tried not holding home once this happens and holding home for the full 30sec or even longer. Absolutely no diff whatsoever, it never reboots.
    2009-08-08 03:56 AM
    Make sure you guys are using the right firmware for your devices.
    3GS = iPhone2,1
    3G = iPhone1,2
    2G = iPhone1,1
    (not sure about the iPod touches, sorry)

If you are 100% certain you are using the right file, then unplugging and replugging the USB cord (from the computer end) will do the trick.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-08 04:00 AM
    Make sure you guys are using the right firmware for your devices.
    3GS = iPhone2,1
    3G = iPhone1,2
    2G = iPhone1,1
    (not sure about the iPod touches, sorry)

If you are 100% certain you are using the right file, then unplugging and replugging the USB cord (from the computer end) will do the trick.
    God, thanks, but I'm going to stop commenting, cause I keep hearing the same advice on multiple threads and it's getting really annoying. This thread covers the fact that all bases have been covered, firmware, multiple platform attempts, usb unplug,etc,etc,etc.

EDIT: For anyone having the stuck on reboot issue please see the change in Redsn0w that seems to have occurred in the install process, no making it a recovery mode, not DFU install which worked immediately on my phone:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w...ml#post4900751
    Last edited by Ozdude; 2009-08-08 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-08 05:02 AM
    kk i am downloading it right now. Ill let you know if it works

Thank you

Worked. I was using wrong firmware

Thank you so much
    Last edited by topmybux; 2009-08-08 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-08 09:13 AM
    ^Yeah, that's what is causing the waiting for reboot problem most of the time.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-08-08 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.