Hello everyone. Here is my Problem. I jailbroke my phone with the RedSn0w software and installed Cydia. It went flawlessly. Now I cannot keep Cydia open. Everytime I click Cydia to open it, it will act like it is opening and then go to my home screen of my iphone. What do I do from here? I do not want to have to restore my iphone and then re-jailbreak it. Is that my only option or can I uninstall Cydia and then re-install it or something along those lines?

All help will be MUCH appreciated. Thank you very much!
    2009-08-17 04:24 PM
    try this

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWImopHvmns]YouTube - How To Fix Cydia Crashing Problem On 3.0 (All iDevices)[/ame]
    2009-08-17 04:55 PM
    This did not work. I would not like to restore my Iphone to how it was before the jailbreak (without Cydia) and then rejailbreak. Anyone have a guide to this. Or I would like to just delete Cydia from the phone to make it factory OS system. Someone please help.....
    2009-08-17 06:16 PM
    You can restore in iTunes and then re-jailbreak, make sure you set it up as a new phone, not syncing from a back up.
    Here is a link to redsn0w for the jailbreak.
    2009-08-17 06:31 PM
    The only way I fixed my problem was I did a complete Restore and then re-jailbroke my Iphone. It sucked but it was the only solution.
    2009-08-17 07:32 PM
    don't forget to install ssh, terminal and icy (:-(( and ifile

Will help you in the future
    2009-08-17 08:26 PM
    ^ +1. Those tools would allowed for an easy fix. 5 mins or less
    2009-08-17 10:41 PM
    Purchased a original iphone with 3.0 and ran redsnow it did the exact same thing and crashed. I then decided to run Pwnage 3.0 and problem solved no more crashes and it would be nice to know how ssh terminal and ifile could be helpful.
    2009-08-19 11:25 PM
    thanx alot raptors u saved me from restoring my phone
    2009-08-20 07:29 AM
    Hello everyone. Here is my Problem. I jailbroke my phone with the RedSn0w software and installed Cydia. It went flawlessly. Now I cannot keep Cydia open. Everytime I click Cydia to open it, it will act like it is opening and then go to my home screen of my iphone. What do I do from here? I do not want to have to restore my iphone and then re-jailbreak it. Is that my only option or can I uninstall Cydia and then re-install it or something along those lines?

All help will be MUCH appreciated. Thank you very much!
    use ssh

get into /root/private/var/lib/dpkg/updates

delete all file inside

Please post a note to inform if work for you too.
    2009-09-23 06:56 PM
    Perfect!
    2010-02-21 03:38 AM
    .....til I fized it with these directions....brilliant...just brilliant!!!!!
    2010-02-23 02:52 AM
    use ssh

get into /root/private/var/lib/dpkg/updates

delete all file inside

Please post a note to inform if work for you too.
    Thank you soooooooooooo much dear. you did solve my problem. your solution is really perfect. thank you soooo much
    2011-12-19 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD