If I use ssh and copy my library off my 2G phone onto my desktop (windows) and then copy it back onto a new 3GS phone will it work?
    2009-08-22 05:31 PM
    It should from what I understand. Worst case scenario you could put it into DFU mode and restore it. Just make sure to make a backup of both phones in iTunes before trying it out.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-08-22 05:42 PM
    I highly doubt it but it's worth a try ;D plus like the person above me said dfu and restore
    If My Replys Helped You Out In Any Way
    Dont Forget To Hit The "THANKS" Button
    2009-08-22 06:27 PM
    Some things might work. I've noticed a few changes from just a firmware update. The 3GS might have some other bigger changes, considering how I'm just looking at the same device just diff. FW. SO, really old iPhone to really new iPhone... you'd probably have to do some digging to find where the right places to go for some things...
    2009-08-24 08:13 AM
    Library meaning music library or the actual library located at /Library?
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    2009-08-25 07:16 PM
    It should not be a problem if you're transferring the library within the same firmware version. I did it before and it works.

Cheers~~
    2009-08-25 07:26 PM
    He probably means /Library. A sync thru iTunes would fix moving music files. There would definitely be some folder changes in the new 3GS that aren't the same as the previous versions. Esp. with the fw update the SMS and keyboard folders obviously don't work the same way. If it's not the model of the phone that changes things and makes an easy copy and paste transfer not possible without some folder/file name changes then it would be the FW. Either way you'd still have to do some exploring and research
    2009-08-25 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD