Any news yet on using redsnow on Firmware 3.1 on an iPhone 3G??

Thanks in advance.
    2009-09-11 07:38 PM
    2009-09-11 08:21 PM
    lots of rumors are flying that the 3GS will no longer be jailbreakable or unlockable... a little common sense can prove this false. Its my opinion that Apple secretly NEEDS the Dev Team... why? because in the US, for some political reason (and metaphorical blowjobs at the upper levels of management), the iPhone is only available with AT&T. By making a device that leaves an open door to be unlocked, Apple can now reach millions more cell users with other carriers (but who would love an iPhone) who won't touch AT&T with a ten foot poll... be this due to bad experience with the company, or (more realistically) poor signals where they live... And all that without violating any agreements with AT&T (who no doubt pay VERY handsome kickbacks).

Er-ego, by making a handset (or releasing a firmware) that is truly locked, Apple would be slamming the door on billions of $ in potential sales.

just my 2 cents worth...
    2009-09-11 09:25 PM
    lots of rumors are flying that the 3GS will no longer be jailbreakable or unlockable... a little common sense can prove this false. Its my opinion that Apple secretly NEEDS the Dev Team... why? because in the US, for some political reason (and metaphorical blowjobs at the upper levels of management), the iPhone is only available with AT&T. By making a device that leaves an open door to be unlocked, Apple can now reach millions more cell users with other carriers (but who would love an iPhone) who won't touch AT&T with a ten foot poll... be this due to bad experience with the company, or (more realistically) poor signals where they live... And all that without violating any agreements with AT&T (who no doubt pay VERY handsome kickbacks).

Er-ego, by making a handset (or releasing a firmware) that is truly locked, Apple would be slamming the door on billions of $ in potential sales.

just my 2 cents worth...
    +1! Fantastic opinion, I agree!

P.S. No the devteam has not released anything for jailbreaking 3.1 yet. It might be a few days/weeks =P
    2009-09-14 07:36 AM
    Fantactic opinion ...
    The ONLY thing you havent kept in mind is the fact that the ENTIRE telephony portion of the device was MADE by at&t..

Do some damn research before you throw your rubbish and ignorance into a thread, making yourself look like an idiot..

Now go press up down left right a b start and keep doing cheat codes on video games...The iPhone apparently IS NOT your thing

2009-11-02 04:05 AM
    Wow this thread is old. Anyhoo everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I suggest you learn some manners and respect others' opinions. Instead of calling opinions "rubbish" you can simply disagree and use facts to prove wrong. Name calling and downgrading is just making yourself look like an even bigger fool than anybody else. These forums are meant for discussion not for mean and rude people like you to come in and badh on other peoples opinions.
    2009-11-02 04:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD