So this is my first post, but i've searched all up and down this site to help me out with the whole process. A dew days ago, I jailbroke my 3G with 3.0.1 FW EXACTLY how it is described in iClafified. No problems, smooth jailbreak on first try. I've been adding apps, changing themes; just enjoying it. But today about 2 hours ago, Cydia began giving me 2 different errors. I added 2-3 repositories. I believe they were iClarified and Apple-News.fr. Could these (or one of these) be causing the errors? One of the errors specifically refers to apple-news.fr repository. Would it be safe to openSSH/Cyberduck into my phone and remove it from the directory? Any one ever encounter these issues? Any ideas?

error #1: error: Database...Encountered a section with no Package: header

error #2: error: clean archives...problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/apple-news.fr_repo_._Packages
    The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

OK, so no more than 10 minutes after my post, i opened up Cydia again, it gave me the same errors, then Cydia went to homescreen and downloaded an update or something. Now its loading up perfectly. Anyone had this problem or know why it happened?
    Last edited by THES0FAK1NG; 2009-09-12 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-12 01:18 AM
    mine is having same issues right now... and itunes can't recognise my iphone. have no idea whats going on. funny thin is, my wife's iphone is working fine... both are the 3gs
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!
    2009-09-12 08:15 AM
    So this is my first post, but i've searched all up and down this site to help me out with the whole process. A dew days ago, I jailbroke my 3G with 3.0.1 FW EXACTLY how it is described in iClafified. No problems, smooth jailbreak on first try. I've been adding apps, changing themes; just enjoying it. But today about 2 hours ago, Cydia began giving me 2 different errors. I added 2-3 repositories. I believe they were iClarified and Apple-News.fr. Could these (or one of these) be causing the errors? One of the errors specifically refers to apple-news.fr repository. Would it be safe to openSSH/Cyberduck into my phone and remove it from the directory? Any one ever encounter these issues? Any ideas?

error #1: error: Database...Encountered a section with no Package: header

error #2: error: clean archives...problem with MergeList /var/lib/apt/lists/apple-news.fr_repo_._Packages
    The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

OK, so no more than 10 minutes after my post, i opened up Cydia again, it gave me the same errors, then Cydia went to homescreen and downloaded an update or something. Now its loading up perfectly. Anyone had this problem or know why it happened?
    I had the same problem,

The package apple-news.fr_repo_._Packages was wrong
    you must remove it and restart cydia
    use ssh to do it,
    cd /var/lib/apt/lists/
    rm package apple-news.fr_repo_._Packages
    rm package apple-news.fr_repo_._Release
    2009-09-12 01:42 PM
    yeah, i figured i'd have to remove something. I guess Cydia was just acting up yesterday. Its working fine now. I guess it happens. Thanks guys.
    2009-09-12 11:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD