Okay, I finally took the plunge and upgraded from iPhone 2g to iPhone 3GS. I went to a mom and pop authorized provider in the hills of KY to upgrade and luckily came out with a 3GS with 3.0 software!!

I recently upgraded my 2g to 3.1.2 and JB with Blackra!n which went smoothly. Now, I'm curious on the steps to take to jb my 3gs with firmware 3.0. I'm reading and I get confused between steps to take with the 3g and 3gs.

Being that I upgrade, I recently signed a new 2 year contract, which is fine, I don't care, so I'm not really worried about unlocking at this point or probably never. Plus I have a PC with XP.

Thanks modmyi community!

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS on OS 3.0.x Using RedSn0w (Windows) (Comments)

I believe this will work. I'll try and give an update. If/When this works, I want to upgrade to 3.1 so I can make use of MMS. I'm assuming this will work with a JB device. When I upgrade to 3.1.2 is there anything I need to do like save my baseband ect.? If so, how? Also, I'm assuming again I can use Blackra!n to JB the 3.1 once I've jailbrake using 3.0? Thanks again! Excited!
    Last edited by mastaryan; 2009-10-16 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-10-16 06:39 PM
    If you had a mac, you could use Pwnagetool 3.1.4 to build a custom ipsw of 3.1.2 and preserve your 4.26.08 baseband and use itunes to install the custom ipsw that you build.
    2009-10-16 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD