User Tag List

Hi guys, Im pretty new here, found this yesterday. I've been trying to upload an app call Tilt to Live on my mom's Iphone, but so far has only been uneffective with error Ex08008001. I've read around but only found solution for that with the OS 3.0. Now I've never tinkered with Iphones before, since this is my mom's. We use T-mobile and she had it unlocked for her and it has Cydia on it, so I think its jailbroken too? I dont know, Im a complete noob. So heres the question, should I restore the Iphone and update the firmware to 3.0? And If I do will it stay unlocked and such? Help guide me the right way, thanks guys
    2010-05-29 05:26 PM
    OK let me get this strait you are trying to upload a AppStore application to and iPhone with 1.1.1 firmware. I don't think it is possible unless there is a hack to do this.

What you need to do is upgrade you 2G iphone to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and run redsn0w to jailbreak/unlock it.

Go here iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows) for windows

or here iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac) for Mac.

Just follow the instructions
    Yeah I'm an iPhoneaholic!! So What!!!
    4s on 5.1.1 natural
    4 on 5.1.1 jailbroken on Straight Talk
    3Gs 5.0.1
    3G 3.1.3
    2G's on 1.1.4, 3.1.3
    2010-05-30 06:34 AM
    use an older version of itunes.. 8.? ver. New itunes won't read older firmware. At least I think so :-)

Also, in reply to post below, I think your iphone need to be at least 2.0 .. But most apps are made for firmwares 3.0 and higher. So you might want to follow the guides in the previous post..
    Last edited by danfarmer; 2010-06-16 at 07:34 PM.
    I'm a violent computer geek!
    2010-06-16 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD