So I was trying to update to 4.0 and jb using jailbreakme.com but something went wrong in the middle of the restore and left me at the dfu screen so i had to update to 4.0.2 to get my phone working again. I understand you can jb 4.0.2 with redsnow but i cant find a custom 4.0.2 firmware to download to use with it. All the ones i download turn into a zip file on my desktop, when i extract the files there is no ispw to use in redsnow. What should I do???? Where can I download this file to jb my phone again??? Please help, i need my jb back. Thanks
    2010-08-14 10:59 PM
    You need to change the ending from .zip to ipsw, for a 4.0 version to work with redsnow, Redsnow needs a 4.0 ipsw in order to work, not a 4.0.2. if that does not work, then you need to use a different browser to download, like firefox, and normally if a file is zipped, you can use windows to expand it to normal, or you can use winrar to do the same.
    Good Luck, not hard just time consuming getting things right
    2010-08-14 11:34 PM
    I did everything exactly as i was told to get 4.0.2 to work with 4.0. And it was an ipsw file and all. Still no you tube and none of the multimedia apps are working correctly. Any ideas?
    2010-08-17 01:08 PM
    Go into Cydia-Sources and add this cydia.pushfix.info, then after it installs add the pushfix 2.0
    or look for push doctor
    2010-08-18 05:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD