i jailbroke my phone about 2 months ago with redsn0w 0.9.2, no problems, well few problems, but they were all sorted out, i restored and re broke the phone last night as i sold it, no issues, i used the same exact files on the same computer that i did it last time (i couldn't get it to work on mine for some reason) he took it home, tried to sync the phone to put some music on it, not sure what happened, but it restored the phone and whiped the jailbreak off...

so i have the phone back now, trying to fix it for him, i've tried redsn0w versions 0.8, 0.9.4, 0.9.5b5-2, and 0.9.5b5-5 on firmwares 3.0, 3.1.3, 4.0, and 4.0.1 respectively, every time i try it though, it comes up with not a valid ipfw file and won't let me proceed... i would use my roommate's comp again (the one i used last time) but it's an inconvenience to him to keep borrowing it

i did get it broken using 0.9.3 it got almost all the way though, froze at about 3/4 and rebooted, started up with my custom boot page, but went to the restore page...

any ideas? why is my computer doing this? i downloaded the firmware off of this site, and the redsn0w's off of redmondpie.com

also tried sn0wbreeze 1.5.2 (3.1.3) and 1.7 (4.0) with no luck... the firmware cooks, but it won't sync in...

of course i restore back to the proper firmware before trying to jailbreak it again
    2010-08-18 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD