Everytime I get to the "put in DFU mode", the application "stops working" after I release the corner button (and keep holding the home button).

I'm following this guide:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3G Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.1]

Am I missing something here...?
    2010-10-13 10:45 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Mine gets to the point where it starts to upload the ramdisk and about 4 bars in, it crashes.
    2010-10-16 01:26 AM
    I think Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 needs more work, lots of complain.
    Bring it back down to 3.1.2
    Run Redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak.
    Bring it back up with custom firmware of 4.1 made by Snowbreeze 2.0.2
    Make sure you don't let Snowbreeze hactivate for you .
    You will need a valid sim to activate after the restore.
    This is guaranteed to work.
    2010-10-16 02:38 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Mine gets to the point where it starts to upload the ramdisk and about 4 bars in, it crashes.
    I had this same problem (it hung, not crashed). I ended up going to another slower computer (a Mini 311) to do the jailbreaking. My super fast Asus G73 laptop couldn't do it.... kept getting stuck uploading the ramdisk.
    2010-10-16 08:23 AM
    I think Redsn0w 0.9.6b1 needs more work, lots of complain.
    Bring it back down to 3.1.2
    Run Redsn0w 0.9.4 to jailbreak.
    Bring it back up with custom firmware of 4.1 made by Snowbreeze 2.0.2
    Make sure you don't let Snowbreeze hactivate for you .
    You will need a valid sim to activate after the restore.
    This is guaranteed to work.
    Wait, I though if I've already don't redsnow for 4.1 then the baseband has been upgraded. So then sn0wbreeze won't work??

Anyone care to confirm. I'm kinda stuck with this stupid upgraded baseband right now till redsn0w becomes more stable.
    2010-10-16 09:43 AM
    Yes, snowbreeze will work better in terms of jailbreaking. But your baseband will stay at 05.14.xx
    2010-10-16 09:28 PM
    thanks yeow. Unfortunatley in the trying to get redsn0w working it upgraded to baseband 6.12 or something like that. So I'm out of luck and waiting for a fix now. Happily rocking 3.1.3 jailbroken for now. Hoping a fix for my baseband will happen soon. No luck on fuzzyband either.
    2010-10-17 02:29 AM
    i had a lot of trouble with jb but it finly worked,and seeded fine but after two days it started bugging out ,i hit the home button to wake it up and displayed no sim card.powered off and restarted and all was fine for a while then i noticed the spring board crashing apps just hanging on black screen trying to load and then the no sim card agin,this is one of the most buggy jb iv used im a iphone 3g on fw 4.1 what a nightmare h.ll the first two times i jb this fw it went smooth untill the phone came on and there was no phone app not even in the settings any way best of luck and i hope for a solution soon
    2010-10-18 09:05 AM
    Yeah I ended up just using snowbreeze after I gave up on RedSnow. I'm with AT&T so I really didn't have to hactivate and I had the sim regardless.

Thanks for the replies guys!
    2010-10-18 05:39 PM
    3g here. I ran redsnow about five times....kept getting stuck in boot loop. Got snowbreeze 2.0.2 and ireb. Happily jailbroken on 4.1 withno probs except theoccasional springboard crash but thats normal for 4.1 compatability. "SNOWBREEZE"!!!
    2010-10-18 06:13 PM
    As someone said, this problem happens on computers that are "too fast", ie more than one CPU.

The solution is to launch redsn0w.exe, go to Task Manager, right click on the process, "Set Affinity" and select only one CPU. It should work perfectly after that.

Happy jailbreaking !
    2010-10-20 07:53 PM
    ^I'll have to try that! Thanks!
    2010-10-22 07:06 AM
    thanks
    2010-10-27 11:54 PM
    thanks
    Vuselo...???

what worked ???
    2010-11-05 05:29 PM
    As someone said, this problem happens on computers that are "too fast", ie more than one CPU.

The solution is to launch redsn0w.exe, go to Task Manager, right click on the process, "Set Affinity" and select only one CPU. It should work perfectly after that.

Happy jailbreaking !
    Worked like a charm, thanks!
    2010-11-06 06:21 PM
    I have had this issue before.
    The crashing arises because you are not on the 3.5 framework.

Easy solution= right click on redsn0w.exe ->properties -> compatibility -> XP sp 3 and apply settings. Also ticking run as admin never hurts!

I have also heard running win95 compatibility mode works as well.

Feel free to thank.
    2010-11-15 12:35 PM

Happy jailbreaking !
    Thanks so much. I was googling all the time and then I saw your post, deselected 3 cores from Processor Affinity option and guess what, it worked.
    2010-11-16 08:48 AM
    I have had this issue before.
    The crashing arises because you are not on the 3.5 framework.

Easy solution= right click on redsn0w.exe ->properties -> compatibility -> XP sp 3 and apply settings. Also ticking run as admin never hurts!

I have also heard running win95 compatibility mode works as well.

Feel free to thank.
    Had the lockup problem, ran it in compatability mode for XPsp2 and worked great.
    Thanks for the idea.
    2010-11-19 05:35 AM

Happy jailbreaking !
    Wow, this fixed my issue as well, I had been getting hung up on the same stage. I was going to put up a new thread on it till I saw this one, I was worrying about not having an un-jailbroken device for when the unlock comes. Thank you so much, I had no idea about this fix.
    2010-11-22 01:44 AM
    Hmm... Good to know. I didn't know that could cause a issue with redsnow either.
    2010-11-22 01:49 AM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD