I have an iPhone 3G I just jailbroke via Redsn0w 0.96 on Windows 7 running iOS 4.1 Jailbreak seemed to go well until I discovered my Phone icon missing and a search came up with nothing. Now I am unable to turn off the device - the slider comes up and upon using the slider the screen goes dark and has the spinner and then the normal lockscreen comes back - or put the iPhone in DFU mode via buttons or using a script. Any help would be appreciated.

UPDATE: Managed to get the device into DFU mode and am restoring to stock iOS 4.1 - Any ideas as to what could have caused my issues above? I want to jailbreak again but right now I'm a bit leery. Thanks.
    Last edited by athynz; 2010-10-24 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Got the device in DFU mode
    2010-10-24 08:51 AM
    When u say u searched do u mean u searched in spotlight on the device or u did research on your computer?

Try a hard reset, hold the home button(the main close button) and the power button until the device turn completely off, release both buttons

Press and hold the power button until it turns back on

the power button is next to the headphone jack on the iPhone

the home button is next to the 32pin connector on the bottom
    2010-10-24 09:07 AM
    PS this just happened to my moms not jailbroken iPhone and I did a simple reset, the phone app appeared on the last page, if you can't find it use the spotlight search to the left on the homescreen and type phone
    2010-10-24 09:22 AM
    I had used the spotlight search and it did not come up in the search. I also had tried several hard resets (I do know where the buttons are on my iPhone BTW...) and had the same issues.

I'm no newbie to jailbreaking as I have jailbroken my iPhone for every single iOS release since the original 2.0 that came with my 3G... this was the first time I've ever had any issues with a jailbreak.
    2010-10-24 09:36 AM
    Try entering safe mode through sbsettings

If it's there then it's a recent cydia file that made it go away

Simply exit safe mode, open sbsettings->more->mobile substrate addons and turn stuff off until it cones back on, once you find the culprit first turn it back ON then uninstall it

if you don't turn it on b4 you uninstall it traces of it will remain in the iPhone

ELSE

restore the iPhone and use "appbackup" to backup app saves and "aptbackup" to backup installs
    Both of these are in cydia

Please thank me on site if I have helped
    2010-10-24 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD