User Tag List

iPhone 4 was on 4.1. Updated to 4.3.1. Then jb with redsn0w on Mac. Ran smoothly. All seemed well until this morning my iPod app crashes on start up. Anyone else encounter this? Might be a conflicting Cydia app? I did not test the iPod app last night, I did everything else BUT that, haha, so not sure if it worked before installing any Cydia apps. In the mean time, iFile plays my audio files, so I can use that temporarily. Someone please advise. Thanks!

*Update* so as posted by shogunx02 in this thread Cydia Packages Incompatible
    YourTube 2 was the culprit, but I uninstalled it and iPod app still crashes, anyone have any thoughts on how to fix?
    Last edited by danno2022; 2011-04-06 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w
    2011-04-05 07:22 PM
    i also have this problem!
    iremix and yourtube 2 it seems is not the cause :/
    i could find no other app that would link to it either
    i'm going to update itunes
    im on 3gs new bootrom btw
    apple has just about broken even with the amount of iDevices i've bricked...
    2011-04-06 12:17 AM
    I have found the fix! it is on the bottom of this page iPod app won't start (iPhone 4 4.3.1) - JBQA
    I followed the steps and the iPod app is back to life!

Excerpt:
    It is an additional library contained in YourTube 2. Ironically, the problematic package is gremlin (0.09) (a package used to import files into the iPod library, it makes sense why it caused a crash.

EDIT:

The issue IS caused by gremlin, but I have persevered and found the solution:

WARNING! Back up anything important that you imported using gremlin. If like me, it is just used for YourTube, then you need to redownload the videos. You will lose EVERYHING imported by Gremlin.

1) Go into iFile and navigate to : /var/mobile/Media/

2) DELETE THE ENTIRE "GREMLIN" FOLDER

3) Should be fixed. Re-download any videos from YouTube etc.
    Last edited by danno2022; 2011-04-06 at 07:09 AM.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w
    2011-04-06 07:07 AM
    THANX!!! Had the exact same problem and this simple fix worked like a charm! This saved me SOOOO much time! I was a few moments away from doing a fresh restore & rejailbreak but not now! Once again thanx 4 the fix
    2011-04-07 05:06 AM
    i did open ifile and i navigate to : /var/mobile/Media/
    dont find "GREMLIN" FOLDER on my iphone
    2011-04-10 07:13 AM
    Worked perfect... Thanks

I have found the fix! it is on the bottom of this page iPod app won't start (iPhone 4 4.3.1) - JBQA
    I followed the steps and the iPod app is back to life!

Excerpt:
    It is an additional library contained in YourTube 2. Ironically, the problematic package is gremlin (0.09) (a package used to import files into the iPod library, it makes sense why it caused a crash.

EDIT:

The issue IS caused by gremlin, but I have persevered and found the solution:

WARNING! Back up anything important that you imported using gremlin. If like me, it is just used for YourTube, then you need to redownload the videos. You will lose EVERYHING imported by Gremlin.

1) Go into iFile and navigate to : /var/mobile/Media/

2) DELETE THE ENTIRE "GREMLIN" FOLDER

3) Should be fixed. Re-download any videos from YouTube etc.
    2011-04-14 03:45 AM
    Uninstalled Yourtube and deleted the Gremlin file but the Gremlin file keeps getting back...?

Uninstalled Celeste as it came with a free Gremlin but stil remained the same - Gremlin file remains and iPod still crashes.

I am on iPhone 4, 4.3.1 jailbroken with pwnage tool.

Anyone out there with the same experience or solution?
    2011-04-17 09:08 AM
    Hah! Managed to solve (part of) the problem... Didn't have to delete any Gremlin folder.

After having updated PwnTunes app, the iPhone's iPod stopped crashing. The music contained therein plays.

The remaining problem is that I can't seem to import videos downloaded from Cydia's YourTube into iPod's video...
    2011-04-24 12:09 PM
    Try this:

After sync, open SBSettings and then clock process and close everything and click free memory. Sometime the crash is caused by a memory overload. This works mainly for me
    ~ 240VOLTS ~
    2011-06-16 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD