my device is ipod touch 2g (4.2.1 non-mc)
    i tried using redsn0w 0.9.9b1 and redsn0w 0.9.6b4.. i tried running it as administrator. i tried running it in xp compatibility and 98/Me compatibility but still failed.

here's what happened.
    redsn0w 0.9.6b4 [windows 98/windows Me compatibility] [administrator] = when i click browse (to select ipsw) redsn0w closes.
    0.9.6b4 [windows xp compatibility] [administrator] = i get to select my firmware and says "firmware successfully identified" but when i click [next] it displays a message "unexpected error"

redsn0w 0.9.9b1 [windows 98/Me compatibility] [administrator] = when i put it in dfu mode (i know exactly how to do it, ive done it before) it says "sorry, that isn't supported yet on this ipod 2g"
    redsn0w 0.9.9b1 [windows xp compatibility] [admin] = STILL THE SAME >.<

so i tried using greensn0w with such compatibilities and still wont jailbreak my device.. it says "jailbreak failed"

i tried using different cable, using different usb port, tried using usb hub, and also tried using different computer [laptop - vista].

i really need help. I've been trying to jailbreak this device for 4 days now. somebody please..
    i registered here because im so desperate now.
    2011-09-28 05:53 AM
    Restore again and use redsnow 0.9.6b8, if you have 64 bits, set redsnow affinity to one
    2011-09-28 05:58 AM
    Restore again and use redsnow 0.9.6b8, if you have 64 bits, set redsnow affinity to one

uh.. thanks for the reply.. im running 32 bits vista. and may i know what you mean by setting redsnow affinity to one?
    thank you very much.
    2011-09-28 12:58 PM
    uh.. thanks for the reply.. im running 32 bits vista. and may i know what you mean by setting redsnow affinity to one?
    thank you very much.
    Setting affinity to one, is a Windows properties option which forces a program to execute solely within a single cpu in a multi-cpu (dual-core, quad-core, etc) environment.
    2011-09-28 04:37 PM
    Setting affinity to one, is a Windows properties option which forces a program to execute solely within a single cpu in a multi-cpu (dual-core, quad-core, etc) environment.
    alright i got that.. ill try it.. thanks for the info..
    2011-09-28 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD