User Tag List

Hi,

I've successfully done jailbreak to my New Zeland never-locked iPhone 3G, it's on 3.1.3 now, but lost Bluetooth. I tried to undo a jailbreak with iTunes in many ways - Update to latest OS, Restore, shift-Restore to no avail. It clearly does something, phone reboots, I see apple logo, then it freezes with some iTunes error until I run RecBoot\Exit.bat. It restores to the very same 3.1.3 even if I try to update to the latest OS.

I need help either restoring Bluetooth connectivity (better) and keep jailbreak/Cydia, OR undoing jailbreak if this broke my Bluetooth in order to get it working again, if a Bluetooth can't be restored under the jailbreak.

Some data in case it helps:
    f0recast :
    Baseband 05.14.02
    Bootloader 5.9_M3S2
    Model MB496
    Jailbreakable? Yes
    Unlockable? Upgrade to iPad BB

From the phone About:
    Version 3.1.3 (7E18)
    Model MB496X
    Modem Firmware 05.14.02

With all that I don't care if I lose GPS, but keeping is still preferable, too.

Thanks for your help!
    Jim
    2012-10-04 06:36 PM
    the question is what itunes error are you getting?
    2012-10-06 08:54 AM
    Hi,

It was 1602. Strange thing is - I tried to update a few more times to get this number and for some reason on a third one I was on 4.2! I still don't have both of my bluetooth headsets discoverable. What do I do to get Bluetooth connection back, please?

Jailbreak is gone, phone is on 4.2. I lost a bluetooth connectivity right on redsn0w jailbreak, doesn't come back.

Thanks!
    2012-10-06 06:26 PM
    Did you make custom firmware for 4.2.1 for the ipad BB with snowbreeze then use itune's to write it to the phone,or maybe use the new redsnow from the Dev's Blog page to downgrade your ipad BB to 5.13.04 to unlock for different carrier,then use snowbreeze to make custom 4.2.1 to use in itunes.Then check Bluetooth to see if it's working again before you J/Break it.
    2012-10-18 12:53 AM
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I have just used standard latest iTunes firmware offered. Sorry, is there a good page describing that procedure you could send a link to, please? I'd do that, of course. Thanks!
    2012-10-18 08:00 AM
    I don't have any links,there maybe a guide in the Download section above but I think that I would go to the dev's page at blog.iphone-dev.org/ Look for the info for downgrading 6.15 BB to 05.13.04 which is unlockable and get this fixed First.This way you wouldn't have to make any CUSTOM Firmware you could download a fresh copy of IOS 4.2.1 and that should solve the issue.Then check to see if your Bluetooth is working before you jailbreak !! So download the redsnow for 6.15 from dev site let us know if you got the BBand problem solved
    2012-10-18 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD