Am I the only one frustrated by how many different categories / directories there are in this forum? There's SO many duplicate threads because of this, and it makes things really hard to find.

For instance, do we REALLY need a Tmobile section all by itself? can't combine at&t, tmobile and other together? what about network issues that occur no matter what network?

I really think a lot of these could be consolidated and more stickys should be made..so people who have common problems can easily find the solution.

Am I alone here?? Let's get the word out people!
    2008-09-20 12:01 PM
    yes your alone. The mods do a mighty fine job of keeping this forum oranised
    2008-09-20 12:24 PM
    and the tmo section keeps the network section here organized becuase there is more tmo Qu than others
    2008-09-20 12:28 PM
    well I didn't mean the moderators per sa, not their fault. I was trying to call out to them.
    2008-09-20 12:28 PM
    Always good when a noob turns up to advise on re-arranging the forum!
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-09-20 12:33 PM
    blah, I just don't think its very easy to find things. and I see a lot of people asking the same questions..but with no answers
    2008-09-20 12:42 PM
    I am with him. It is a bit messy, I must say.
    2008-09-20 12:46 PM
    I don't think decreasing the number of sub-forums would reduce the amount of duplicate threads. The only thing that could stop it would be me making new members wait a few days before they can post, then it might encourage them to read a bit
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-09-20 01:01 PM
    Idk, I thought it was a good idea. I feel like a lot of the sub-forums over-lap, and I don't know where to post a question because it could fit in many of the categories listed.

Perhaps something else? Maybe more sticky's like I mentioned?
    2008-09-20 01:18 PM
    Be careful, that door swings back quickly.........

If you think this site is "done" by any means, you got one hell of a surprise coming.

All this just took place recently and administration said it was in progress.
    2008-09-20 02:06 PM
    I really would like for this site to *not* be done. I'd like to be able to go somewhere to discuss / ask for help if I need. I *want* this forum to improve, (ergo, purpose of the post).

What just took place?
    2008-09-20 02:10 PM
    For instance, do we REALLY need a Tmobile section all by itself? can't combine at&t, tmobile and other together? what about network issues that occur no matter what network?
    Poor example.
    They cannot be put together. if you take a look inside T-Mobile section, you will see many, many, many T-Mobile related issues. AT&T and T-Mobile are the two most dominant networks being used on this site, and so they have their own dedicated forums. T-Mobile forum has been there since 2007, and it's not moving. Other carriers go into- "Other Carriers"- simple.

I don't think decreasing the number of sub-forums would reduce the amount of duplicate threads. The only thing that could stop it would be me making new members wait a few days before they can post, then it might encourage them to read a bit
    The fundamental problem is that people don't read enough, or search.
    Idk, I thought it was a good idea. I feel like a lot of the sub-forums over-lap, and I don't know where to post a question because it could fit in many of the categories listed.

Perhaps something else? Maybe more sticky's like I mentioned?
    Which forums overlap?
    and what effect will stickies have? You'll still need to search...

oh...wrong forum
    2008-09-20 02:17 PM
    Keep in mind everyone a few things.

The first being that we just implemented this, so we are testing the waters and seeing how everything goes and do welcome feedback both positive and negative,...its the only way we'll grow as a community.

As for so many subsections - the iphone/phone/pc/mac community is constantly growing so we try to keep up with it and keep our position as the #1 iphone information and modding site.
    2008-09-20 02:50 PM
    just realized something. why are there buy/sell/trade in every tab? why not just the main one on the mmi tab?
    Last edited by lillewis51; 2008-09-22 at 03:08 AM.
    2008-09-22 03:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD