I can't seem to find the right forum for this :/

But anyways, here's my suggestion - is it ok to put an extra icon next to forum headings (in the forums main page http://modmyi.com/forums/) and next to each thread headings (in the individual forums) that once you click on it it opens the forum/thread as a new page?

As I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) browse MMI using the iPhone, it'll be great to open the forums/threads as a new page so that we don't have to keep pressing "back" (which then loads the previous page all over again) after viewing a certain forum/thread. Anyone else thinks this is a good idea?
    2008-12-01 03:56 PM
    I use CoolIris extension in Firefox.

It's great for reading forums.
    2008-12-01 04:16 PM
    There should be a setting in Preferences> for the option to open new pages in a different tab or new window. check it out. I use Safari and it requires you to press command when clicking.
    2008-12-01 04:23 PM
    I use CoolIris extension in Firefox.

It's great for reading forums.
    There should be a setting in Preferences> for the option to open new pages in a different tab or new window. check it out. I use Safari and it requires you to press command when clicking.
    both are true but i think he is talking about the mobile safari on the iphone, he wants to open tabs on it, i too want this feature baaaadly lol
    2008-12-01 04:41 PM
    browse MMI using the iPhone
    haha... my bad
    2008-12-01 04:43 PM
    Hmm. Might be able to do something like that, I'll look into it.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2008-12-02 03:04 AM
    Having the option to open new links in the background would be a KILLER iPhone feature. It would be awesome for individual sites like MMi to code in workaround links - but I'd love to see that feature added by Apple so it wouldn't be necessary.
    PLEASE click everyone's "Thanks" buttons...they are begging for it.
    2008-12-02 03:08 AM
    Hmm. Might be able to do something like that, I'll look into it.
    Thanks PF

Here's an example of a forum that uses that function
    http://www.discuss.com.hk/forumdisplay.php?fid=344
    If you click on the paper-looking icons on the left hand side of the thread headings, it opens the thread in a new page. Very handy.

Thanks again!
    2008-12-02 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD