Although I am still new in this forum, I noticed a trend in most forums and webs. People are demanding stuff and wanted other to agree with them. Posts are mostly simple but useless such as "Nice!!!!", "Woo!!", "I WANT TEH STUFF!!!!" without proper english grammars, punctuation, as well as having all words in capitals etc. I think that having certain restricting forum areas might look feasible but this might perhaps cause another serious issues such as elitism and groupies...

Perhaps I would say a scoring/warning system so people can rate each other depending on how they made their posts. If their rating goes below zero for example, posting privileges will be removed but he/she will still be allowing to view forum. If the situation doesn't improve and that particular person rating goes below certain point (ie. -100) he or she is banned from the site....

Also, perhaps limiting all new registers from posting for at least 72 hours, so they would not made posts asking questions that have already been answer many many times before and would teach them to use the "Search" feature first...
    Last edited by jch02140; 2010-07-14 at 08:13 AM.
    2010-07-14 08:10 AM
    so then whomever could see it, and whenever someone wanted to post and couldn't we'd get countless messages of "why can't I post?" and "give me access"? Also what about members that think they deserve access and we don't agree, and then decide to make threads complaining about it, pm everyone they know with hate and bile towards the site, nag us incessantly, make multiple user accounts and try to get access under a different name, etc?

I personally don't want to deal with /any/ of that (more than I already have to).

we already did that, all his posts had to be moderator approved for what? a year maybe?
    A simple sticky at the top of the forum clarifying what the rules are for the forum (why some can post and some can't), and the requirements for being allowed to post. There could be fairly clear cut rules for what it takes to be allowed to post e.g. length of membership, post count, no more than x infractions in y time, etc. Explaining it all up front would clear up a lot of those issues. The mods would be able to delete such complaint threads. By putting essentially tenure/seniority based requirements for being rewarded posting privileges would also eliminate the issue of multiple user accounts to try and gain access.
    2010-07-14 08:20 AM
    A simple sticky at the top of the forum clarifying what the rules are for the forum (why some can post and some can't), and the requirements for being allowed to post. There could be fairly clear cut rules for what it takes to be allowed to post e.g. length of membership, post count, no more than x infractions in y time, etc. Explaining it all up front would clear up a lot of those issues. The mods would be able to delete such complaint threads. By putting essentially tenure/seniority based requirements for being rewarded posting privileges would also eliminate the issue of multiple user accounts to try and gain access.
    no, all that has been proven to do nothing about the constant bickering when someone can't post in the forum.

i.e. Buy | Sell | Trade

already generates countless people crying and contacting me daily with essays where they like to waste my time using irrelevant arguments of unfair/freedom of speech/discrimination/aliens wouldn't agree/what have you.

I'm /telling/ you I'm personally not going to deal with the additional complaints your suggestion would generate. Since I'm not going to do it it's not going to happen unless Kyle does it and it doesn't appear that he has even glanced at this thread (although he probably would have read it by now if it had been posted in the appropriate forum).
    2010-07-14 09:11 AM
    ^ moved
    2010-07-14 10:18 AM
    There is already such a forum but it's SO secret not even the mods know about it.
    Heck, not even Cody knows about it.
    It is so secret only I have access to it and only I can post there. But because no mods are allowed it gets out of hand, some of the arguments and name calling are awful....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-07-14 11:58 AM
    Also, perhaps limiting all new registers from posting for at least 72 hours, so they would not made posts asking questions that have already been answer many many times before and would teach them to use the "Search" feature first...
    I like this idea.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-14 08:10 PM
    Kyle has read it but Kyle wasn't interested either and didn't post.

Messes up organization.
    2010-07-15 06:40 PM
    I am torn. On the one hand, I am totally with paganizonda83: there are way to many threads hijacked with bashing, trash talk (not friendly), and immaturity galore. The multiple geohot threads were some of the saddest I have seen EVER.

On the other hand, (as skiptowncat stated), this is a forum for all to share thoughts, info, ideas, etc. I do believe an "experienced" forum might take away real knowledge from the masses...although one could argue that is a positive, not a negative.

However, if it does happen....I hope I am invited
    kwickone I.T.H.
    2010-07-19 04:08 PM
    I just think it's too subjective. No matter how we determine who gets in, someone will always complain that it's not fair. That just adds to an already busy forum.
    2010-07-19 04:58 PM
    well, im not doing it, kyles not doing it, so its not happening
    2010-07-19 06:36 PM
    So both owners have said no!.....So with that being said Thread closed!
    2010-07-19 06:38 PM
71 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD