my email accounts keep asking for a password, but I check settings and have input it several times with same result. And I hadn't dl'd or I stalled or changed themes lately on my iliberty 1.1.4
    2008-05-03 08:16 AM
    Themes or downloads have nothing to do with your email settings.

If you have a POP account it may have gotten locked by one of the following:
    A) you entering the password incorrectly too many times
    B) you tried accessing your email at the same time from your iPhone and your PC.

Alternative Solutions:
    -Wait 10-15 minutes for your account to self unlock.
    -Turn your iPhone or PC (mail client) off and only access your account from one device at a time.
    -If the lock lasts for more than 4 hours, (seek medical help...) call your service provider and have them check your account to see if it indeed has locked itself to prevent unauthorized access.
    -Try deleting the account configuration from the iPhone and recreating from scratch.* make sure your PC is not again fetching at the same time as you try to configure your iPhone.
    2008-05-05 06:12 AM
    what is a POP account???
    2008-05-29 08:12 AM
    what is a POP account???
    It's the most common way to access your emails with out actually going to www.youremailprovider.com to view them online.

POP access allows your email application (mail, outlook, etc.) to download the messages and delete them(or not) from the server.

IMAP is most commonly used for business servers or gmail and allows your email app to work with the server live (yahoo really hates this kind and charges extra for it).

most email providers have a simple explanation of how to put your info into your app to get your emails ie google's: Help Center - Enabling POP

I hope i didn't just make a spam... I appologize I thought this was a good ? and was trying to give a helpful example.

if this helps please click thanks.
    http://www.modmyi.com/siggen/sigs/801120092.png

Life's short so have a blast. Give God a good laugh, tell him YOUR big plan.
    2008-05-30 04:51 AM
    pop="post office protocol"
    Are you having fun yet
    2008-05-30 04:51 AM
    My email is not working either... i think bossprefs screwed it up...? i click it and it freezes for a second then goes back to my home screen
    please someone help! i have posted a thread search "bossprefs email" in the search bar and its the first one...someone please help I feel so bad about jailbreaking my iphone now!
    2008-06-03 02:59 AM
    I had similar problem. So I decided to restore my iPhone and jailbreak again. Everything seems to be working, but I haven't restore all the programs that I had on before. Not sure which program was the cause for email to stop working.
    2008-06-03 03:27 AM
    I too have restored my iphone. Did you back yours up and then restore from that? Or did you do a comlete restoration? If you didn't back it up does that mean you lose all of your contacts and Calendar events? That would suck.
    Like I said, I've restored it and jailborken it at least 5 times and the email still will not work properly.
    Please Respond,
    -img
    2008-06-03 03:35 AM
    if its a .mac e-mail account then the problem is on their end. its a server issue. im having the same problem
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.
    2008-06-03 03:39 AM
    Nah dude, it's a gmail account, I have POP and IMAP turned on, and its not even letting me add an email account to my phone...I'm guessing this means you don't know how to fix it, desepticon?

If anyone figures out my problem will you send me a private message? I'll give you a million thanks! haha
    2008-06-03 04:10 AM
    hey anyone have a solution for my Yahoo always saying I have an unread email no matter how many times I delete the account?
    2008-08-01 06:53 PM
    hey anyone have a solution for my Yahoo always saying I have an unread email no matter how many times I delete the account?
    Sounds like both your problems are due to permissions. The Mail.app doesn't have permission to write or the folder doesn't give permission to write, so your passwords and mail info can't be stored in cache, therefore it keeps asking for them.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.
    2008-08-01 06:58 PM
    yeah just go back and recheck your settings.
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone
    2008-08-01 10:46 PM
    Sounds like both your problems are due to permissions. The Mail.app doesn't have permission to write or the folder doesn't give permission to write, so your passwords and mail info can't be stored in cache, therefore it keeps asking for them.
    I have deleted account several times and double and tripled checked my settings any other solution?
    and also you would think setting up an AT&T email on my AT&T iPhone would be easy, I keep getting username or password bis incorrect and i am sure its not.
    2008-08-03 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD