so here's my problem..

my brother gave me his iphone a few weeks back after getting pissed and switching out of at&t. turns out the phone he bought on craigslist was stolen, at&t fraud called him, and billed him for the full price of the phone. my brother, being that he is, was pissed and decided not to pay his bill and was eventually sent to collections.

now, he gave me his iphone, and i don't know what to do with it. i currently have at&t, but i am scared that if i put my own sim card in the iphone, that at&t will call me and try to charge me for the phone, even after they already billed my brother for it.

any advice from anyone? would unlocking it make a difference? would i need to unlock the phone anyways since i don't have an iphone plan? sorry for all the questions.. i don't know much about iphones.
    2008-05-08 06:27 AM
    Unlocking is only used if you're NOT using AT&T (T-Mobile for example), so it wouldn't help. I don't have any experience with stolen phones but I would assume if they have the IMEI as stolen there's not a lot you're going to be able to do. If you don't find that you can do anything about it I would just turn it in to AT&T. Supposedly the iPhone is going to be hella cheap soon anyway so just go out and buy one
    2008-05-08 03:27 PM

now, he gave me his iphone, and i don't know what to do with it. i currently have at&t, but i am scared that if i put my own sim card in the iphone, that at&t will call me and try to charge me for the phone, even after they already billed my brother for it.

any advice from anyone? would unlocking it make a difference? would i need to unlock the phone anyways since i don't have an iphone plan? sorry for all the questions.. i don't know much about iphones.
    If you unlock you can use any carrier, you are not stuck with AT&T. I would use Pwnage Tool to unlock, jailbreak and activate
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3
    2008-05-25 12:21 AM
    use ziphone function to change imei and they will never know that your iphone is actually that "stolen" as they are saying now and you have nothing to worry about.
    2008-05-25 12:53 AM
    use ziphone function to change imei and they will never know that your iphone is actually that "stolen" as they are saying now and you have nothing to worry about.
    is it possible to change to IMEI>??
    2008-05-29 04:34 AM
    hi just check, if i'm buying the phone from an AT&T store in US but i'm not an american and the person buying on behalf is also not an american citizen, then how to register?

can any kind soul help?
    2008-06-04 07:02 PM
    is it possible to change to IMEI>??
    Why do you think he said use Ziphone?
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-06-04 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD