i have heard that if you are not eligible for an upgrade for will have to pay more money for the iphone as an "exception upgrade"
    i have also heard that if you have an iphone on your account you can upgrade to the new iphone at the discounted price.......
    i have an iphone on my account, but my girlfriend does NOT, and she is not eligible to upgrade, if i put my imei on her account it will show up that she has an iphone, does that mean since she is now eligible to get the new iphone at the $199.99 price?
    thank you,
    Eric
    2008-07-02 11:46 AM
    The $199 price is for all contracts for the new 3G iPhone. So if she gets it she will pay that unless she has bad credit.
    2008-07-02 02:08 PM
    you are available to get the discounted rate on your line only. you cannot have the same imei number on both lines. so if she isn't able to ungrade she will have to pay $399-499 depending on what gig phone she wants and you will have to pay an $18 upgrade fee plus the discounted rate as you do have an iphone

Happily Hacking Since 2007
    2008-07-10 12:41 AM
    you can upgrade your line to the new 3g iphone and then at the time of purchase tell them that you wish to keep your phone but use the 3g on her line. thats what ATT told me i could do
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-07-16 07:24 PM
    Some misinformation in here...

nick, the $199 price is NOT for all 3G activations. Solely for those who are current iPhone 2G customers as of BEFORE july 11th, new activating customers & customers who are eligible to upgrade aka 18 months into their contract and in good standing.

Technically you CAN purchase the iPhone 3G under your name to receive the lower price however you will have to have patience having her IMEI transferred over to the new iPhone & yours back in. It can be done but many stores refuse to do it due to the length in time it takes to do.
    2008-07-16 07:50 PM
    like I said buy it on your account then tell them to put the phone on her line and not yours. I've done that a few times before and it's worked fine. no need to switch imei's and you can have either the new iPhone or your current one.
    2008-07-17 04:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD