Looking for a little advise, I'll try to make this as brief as possible.

I am on a family plan with my wife. I have a 1st gen iPhone and she has a regular cheap samsung flip phone. Under our online account I show that we are both eligible for a discounted new phone at this time (I don't believe we are out of contract, just through the 18-20 months of a 2 year or something). Anyhow, my end goal is to purchase a 3G phone for myself and pass along my old iPhone to my wife. From what I read I'll have to purchase the new iPhone for myself as my discounted phone which will put me back in a 2 year contract. What I'd like to do to help offset my costs a little is purchase another phone at a discounted/free price for my wife and sell it unused on ebay or something and then just transfer her SIM and account to my old iPhone.

As far as I can tell this wouldn't be violating any rules of AT&T but if it does I'd like to be aware. Also, could anyone suggest what phone I should choose for her that would most likely make the most profit? Seems like I could do better buying one of the more expensive PDA phones for around $100 after discounts which might sell for around $300 new on ebay rather than a bottom of the barrel free phone which I would guess wouldn't go for much, but I don't know.

TIA
    2008-07-11 02:46 PM
    lg shine has a great resell value right now. you should be able to to give her your iphone as long as you get the data plan for it.
    SB's is life
    air yeezy's coming soon
    2008-07-12 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD