I tried looking for the answer to this, but didn't see the exact one so feel free to flame and point me in the right direction if you'd like. I was just wondering if it was possible to activate the phone using the SIM from a prepaid AT&T phone?

I was checking the warranty status on my phone and since it stats it is unactivated, does that mean unless I activate it using AT&T that it will never show as activated in Apples eyes? I plan to use Tmobile if/when the 1.1.2 are able to be SIM unlocked, but would like to at least try out the phone features to see if it is even a keeper. I know the trick used to exist when activating where you could get a gocard, but last I heard that was patched up.
    2007-12-27 08:56 PM
    I tried looking for the answer to this, but didn't see the exact one so feel free to flame and point me in the right direction if you'd like. I was just wondering if it was possible to activate the phone using the SIM from a prepaid AT&T phone?

I was checking the warranty status on my phone and since it stats it is unactivated, does that mean unless I activate it using AT&T that it will never show as activated in Apples eyes? I plan to use Tmobile if/when the 1.1.2 are able to be SIM unlocked, but would like to at least try out the phone features to see if it is even a keeper. I know the trick used to exist when activating where you could get a gocard, but last I heard that was patched up.
    Just JailBreak the 1.1.2 phone with the concieted software.

find the instructions in this website.

then pop in your PRE-PAID sim

u should be able to make calls and everything else
    2007-12-27 11:43 PM
    Jailbreak is done, just wasn't sure if it could be added and activated on prepaid. I don't have one yet, but might be worth the investment if they are as cheap as other places.
    2007-12-28 01:14 AM
    hey dude so you just bought a pre-paid SIM and put it in your iphone and it works fine. I mean EDGE and everything. Can you tell me how to do this cause i dont want a 2yr contract with ATT
    2008-01-02 11:46 PM
    you are going to need the pic your plan with unimited data. With the amount datA the iPhone uses. U will run thru your minutes like crazy. But yes if u have pick your plan on a jailbroken phone you can use it. That's what I'm doing right now and I'm posting from my iPhone
    2008-01-18 05:47 PM
    dude i dont want EDGE anyways. I was planning on disabling edge through services.app so i dont get charged like crazy. All i want to do is get the iphone on pay as you go (the prepaid sim) not the monthly payments in pick your plan.

So what do i have to if i want to use a preapid sim in my iphone?

I have a OTB 1.1.2. Do i just jailbreak and put in the prepaid sim? can someone confirm this as working?
    2008-01-20 02:16 AM
    See the message I just posted concerning this, it should help...
    2008-01-25 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD