This is not about tethering as much as it is about excessive data use. While they cannot specifically tell you are tethered, they can conclude that you are exceeding reasonable data usage and slap you with additional charges. I would think, however, that they must notify you prior to charging you since that have no officially published limits (at least non that I am aware of) when the data plan is unlimited.
    2008-11-30 11:58 PM
    i used tetherme. can they ever find out about it? i used it once and the only thing i did is went to google to see if it worked. and i doubt that they can do anything about mywi.. because someone made a flashlight app that tethers. so if they cant tell what app your using. you can say your using the flashlight app. but im jw if they can find out the tetherme tweak. and if anyone can help me get rid of the tweak please help.. i want the native tether option to say i need setup again for personal reasons
    2010-10-15 07:32 PM
    i used tetherme. can they ever find out about it? i used it once and the only thing i did is went to google to see if it worked. and i doubt that they can do anything about mywi.. because someone made a flashlight app that tethers. so if they cant tell what app your using. you can say your using the flashlight app. but im jw if they can find out the tetherme tweak. and if anyone can help me get rid of the tweak please help.. i want the native tether option to say i need setup again for personal reasons
    No they cannot tell, just try not to go crazy and give them reason to flag your account.
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.~Peter F. Drucker
    2010-10-27 06:42 AM
23 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD