Hey guys i just bought an iphone 3g 8gb 2 days ago. I sign up for 2 years and only paid 199 for the phone, i just wanted the phone for a cheap price, now i want to cancel it without paying the retail price. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Questions
    1-When can i cancel my Iphone 3g and not get charge the retail price?

2-What will happen if i cancel my service and dont pay for the early termination fee? other than bad credit, will they charge me retail price+ETF+remaining bills?

3-Can Apple/Att disable my phone remotely if i dont pay the ETF?

4-Im thinking of buying Yessim to use my phone with tmobile, is that the best unlock method right now?

thanks in advance

UPDATED-

The truth is that a friend of mine do me the favor of signing the 2 year contract, he has a very bad credit, so he doesnt care, i just gave him a few bucks. My point was that if I dont pay the ETF and the first months bill after the 30 days, will apple/att disable my phone remotely or via itunes? my friend has bad credit with tmobile ,sprint and now att lol good thing he already has a good job
    Last edited by AkA-Zeus; 2008-09-13 at 04:54 AM.
    2008-09-12 06:12 PM
    I think you have to wait 30 days to avoid paying retail for the phone if you keep it. After that it is just an ETF fee.
    2008-09-12 06:17 PM
    Do you not understand the word "contract"?

Sheesh. Yes, you'll be charged the extra $200 for the iphone, plus the etf and any outstanding bills.

No shortcuts, tiger.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!
    2008-09-12 06:18 PM
    Do you not understand the word "contract"?

Sheesh. Yes, you'll be charged the extra $200 for the iphone, plus the etf and any outstanding bills.

No shortcuts, tiger.
    Very True. Unless you have a connection in the inside!
    2008-09-12 06:54 PM
    Buy an Nokia. You're too cheap to be an iphone user
    To live, you have to lie
    2008-09-12 07:02 PM
    I think you have to wait 30 days then you can cancel the iPhone plan. The contract is prorated so every month you go by the termination goes down. So either way you are going to have to pay.
    2008-09-12 07:04 PM
    Lol
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!
    2008-09-12 07:29 PM
    I should have seen how many posts you had before reading this....are you really serious?

First of all use the search button. Seriously. This topic had been covered before the phone was coming out and after the phone has come out. Between the fees and ETF charge and disconnect fees you only save a little bit on the phone.

Do me a favor, take the phone and beat yourself in the face with it while saying "I will not post stupid s*** on MMi"
    2008-09-12 07:52 PM
    I should have seen how many posts you had before reading this....are you really serious?

First of all use the search button. Seriously. This topic had been covered before the phone was coming out and after the phone has come out. Between the fees and ETF charge and disconnect fees you only save a little bit on the phone.

Do me a favor, take the phone and beat yourself in the face with it while saying "I will not post stupid s*** on MMi"
    seriously dude do you have to be an *******? people are like this on the net, but will u say it in front of my face? dont think stupid kid
    2008-09-12 08:56 PM
    lol when you sign a contract read the contract it will answer any and all questions you have cheers.
    2008-09-12 09:07 PM
    seriously dude do you have to be an *******? people are like this on the net, but will u say it in front of my face? dont think stupid kid
    First, the "kid" line needs to go.
    Second, I am like that because it will show you to think "outside the box" and use your damn brain before asking a question. Google, search MMI, HowardForums before you post. Do the leg work first and then if you can't find it then post.

A lot of the veterans here complain about this and this is the reason why - because you just don't want to do the research first.

Oops: iPhone 3G Cheaper with Early Termination Fee | PhoneNews.com

$299 + $175 ETF = $475 No Contract iPhone 3G? [Archive] - iPod - iPhone - iTunes Forums at iLounge

Took me two seconds to Google it....don't be lazy and use your brain dumba**. Do your own leg work first "kid".
    2008-09-12 10:15 PM
    First, the "kid" line needs to go.
    Second, I am like that because it will show you to think "outside the box" and use your damn brain before asking a question. Google, search MMI, HowardForums before you post. Do the leg work first and then if you can't find it then post.

A lot of the veterans here complain about this and this is the reason why - because you just don't want to do the research first.

Oops: iPhone 3G Cheaper with Early Termination Fee | PhoneNews.com

$299 + $175 ETF = $475 No Contract iPhone 3G? [Archive] - iPod - iPhone - iTunes Forums at iLounge

Took me two seconds to Google it....don't be lazy and use your brain dumba**. Do your own leg work first "kid".
    i did search, its just that i found alot of different answers, thats why i ask for opinions, besides no one is losing nothing when some one asks questions right? you read my thread and clicked on it instead of just ignoring it, nobody force u
    2008-09-13 12:47 AM
    Uh, I call bullsh!t.
    You're smart enough to ask all of those questions but you're not smart enough to include one line about how you "already searched, but want other's opinions"?

And those two threads are pretty much the best answer out there. The answer is still "you gotta pay".

Bad credit. Are you nuts? In THIS economy?!?? Obviously, you don't have a job nor are you planning on getting one soon. (you know everyone does background checks?)

Pssssh.
    2008-09-13 04:01 AM
    lolololololololol!!!!!
    2008-09-13 04:44 AM
    Uh, I call bullsh!t.
    You're smart enough to ask all of those questions but you're not smart enough to include one line about how you "already searched, but want other's opinions"?

And those two threads are pretty much the best answer out there. The answer is still "you gotta pay".

Bad credit. Are you nuts? In THIS economy?!?? Obviously, you don't have a job nor are you planning on getting one soon. (you know everyone does background checks?)

Pssssh.
    lol the truth is that I DID NOT SIGN THE CONTRACT, Att aprove my friend and he has a very bad credit, he doesnt care, i just gave him 20 bucks for beers lol. What i wanted to know is that if I dont pay the ETF and the first month after the 30 days will they remotely stop my iphone from working? via itunes etc?
    2008-09-13 04:45 AM
    why dont you click those links that jm12345 posted? I think they are done helping you here
    17" MacBook Pro
    G5
    iPhone 3GS 16G 3.1 Jailbroken//AT&T
    follow me on [email protected]
    2008-09-13 04:54 AM
    I don't believe they make a $199 2g phone(I don't even think they sell the 2g), which is the legit unockable phone. Meaning that if you don't pay your AT&T phone bill, your setup is fairly worthless(other than having it as a fancy iPod touch...which they sell those too...). Basically canceling your contract = iPod touch.
    2008-09-13 04:55 AM
    or you could use a PAYG sim in it.
    2008-09-16 02:41 AM
    apple remotely kill your phone? If your getting a yessim or other sim unlock then there is nothing apple can do.

BUT. after getting a SIM unlock make sure you downgrade the 3G to 1.1.4 *cough cough*.

You may want to call ATT and ask them which SIM unlock is the best to get. *cough*
    2008-09-16 03:20 AM
    You would ruin your friends credit for an iPhone. You're an idiot and a bad friend. You don't care because it's not YOUR credit. And if your friends doesn't care he needs to shoot himself..he just as much as a loser as you are.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2008-09-24 08:46 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD