Hey guys, I have a slight problem.

Okay, here goes. I originally had an original iPhone that I was using the 15 dollars/month unlimited internet with. I was able to do this because it was jailbroken and unlocked/activated. I just called an ATT rep and gave them an IMEI off an old Razr that I had and asked her to add unlimited internet for 15/month. However, I did have to forgo visual voice mail (not a big deal to me).

I recently got a 3g iphone and I would like to attempt to set up the same sort of thing. The problem is, which is different from the original iphone, the 3g has a different activation process. I jailbroke it (was unable to unlock it... PC user). When I booted it up for the first time it said "activating..." in the top right hand corner, and I got an email from att basically teling me that they knew I had a 3g phone and I dont have the 3g data plan.

Now, my question is, can I just call them and do the same thing again, give them a fake IMEI and get the 15/month unlimited data, or do I have to get the 30/month 3g plan?

Thanks in advance guys.
    2009-02-22 08:23 PM
    find another phone that has 3g and ask for that

i think its only 20 dollars a month for unlimited data they will have to give you the new 3g sim though
    2009-02-22 08:37 PM
    I think they are all 3G sims now. I ordered 3 new sim cards and AT&T sent me 9 new 3G sim cards. Just need a data plan like Him121213 mentioned
    2009-02-22 09:12 PM
    Do i have to have a 3g sim to get 3g at all, or just 3g speeds, because my phone says it is on the 3g network with my current sim.
    2009-02-22 11:59 PM
    find another phone that has 3g and ask for that

i think its only 20 dollars a month for unlimited data they will have to give you the new 3g sim though

there is an unlimited data plan!! In canada i only get 2gb a month
    2009-02-23 03:11 AM
    you can still use the old imei from the razor with no problem, i did that with my plan change it using a old phone not even have 3G and my plan is cheap and i'm using my iphone3G no problem! Only you gona get a message once in a while saying that you have a iphone and need to change your data... Just ignore it!
    2009-02-23 04:10 AM
    monchy how long have you been using the other data plan?
    2009-02-24 05:44 AM
    Same thing as Monchy36, I have been using the imei off of another old At&T phone while using my iphone and paying for the less expensive plan. I have been doing it since the 3G was released.
    2009-02-24 09:16 PM
    Ok, but how did you obtain the phone?

From eBay or from ATT?

I have a new 3G phone I got from ATT.

I have an old 2G phone I have been using with a 3G SIM from an HTC 8525.

This works fine. I would rather use my existing sim/plan then change to a new one with the 3G.

If I swap SIMS and never activate my new 3G sim...what do you think will happen?
    2009-02-27 03:57 PM
    Same thing as Monchy36, I have been using the imei off of another old At&T phone while using my iphone and paying for the less expensive plan. I have been doing it since the 3G was released.
    doesn't it show on the AT&T website that your using an iPhone though? I currently have the media max plan under my 3G but it shows that I'm using the iPhone because my simcards in the phone right now. If I switch it back to m Eternity I can use the internet without getting a warning from AT&T saying that I have the wrong data plan for the wrong phone.
    2009-02-28 08:23 PM
    I get those stupid texts telling me I dont have the correct data plan either. Just ignore them! They can't do anything. If they happen to ask tell them their system is screwed up or that u put your sim card in a friends phone the other day for a few minutes. Screw AT&T
    2009-03-01 05:13 AM
    ^Thats not completely true. I have seen a couple other members get their data service cut completely off because of this. Stupid, but true.
    2009-03-01 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD