Hey guys, I'm using a 3GS iPhone with 3.0 of course, I have updated my ipcc file to 5.0 I can enable Tethering, seems to work. Curious as to if with the Camera icon available, i can send but not complete, and still cant receive, if all I have to do is call AT&T. If thats all I need to do? What is it I need to sell them on besides the "I'm a developer". I know I need to tell them to turn off the MMS Opt out, is there anything else?

Also I have NO way to swap out my sim to another phone, I have seen plenty of guides requiring that and some not at all. What do you guys think?

Finally I'd like to say hello I've been a long time forum stalker and I finally decided to jump into the fray. Woo!
    Last edited by MrOhemgee; 2009-06-22 at 07:49 PM.
    2009-06-22 07:43 PM
    The carrier number comes from the ipcc, not from AT&T OTA
    should i be on a ipcc that changes the carrier to 5.0?

the rep claims to have made all the changes that i described to her but its still not working. Im trying to MMS myself.

with my current ipcc, the network properties menu did not appear for me to make changes to my APN. I have a 3GS by the way.

Thanks for your help.
    2009-06-22 07:47 PM
    i tried this on the 3G and 3Gs, everything was fine for acouple of posts then it stopped
    2009-06-22 07:51 PM
    did u change your ipcc ?
    It will not let me do it in itunes so i use the ssh method and copied the files over and reset the phone. Still nothing.
    2009-06-22 07:51 PM
    ^ Update your ipcc with the one at the beginning of the thread

Hey guys, I'm using a 3GS iPhone with 3.0 of course, I have updated my ipcc file to 5.0 I can enable Tethering, seems to work. Curious as to if with the Camera icon available, i can send but not complete, and still cant receive, if all I have to do is call AT&T. If thats all I need to do? What is it I need to sell them on besides the "I'm a developer". I know I need to tell them to turn off the MMS Opt out, is there anything else?

Also I have NO way to swap out my sim to another phone, I have seen plenty of guides requiring that and some not at all. What do you guys think?

Finally I'd like to say hello I've been a long time forum stalker and I finally decided to jump into the fray. Woo!

Welcome to MMi! Glad you are a member now. You need to call AT&T and ask them to remove the opt out code.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-06-22 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-22 07:55 PM
    Stealth, please read my last post. Thanks for ur help
    2009-06-22 08:06 PM
    should i be on a ipcc that changes the carrier to 5.0?

the rep claims to have made all the changes that i described to her but its still not working. Im trying to MMS myself.

with my current ipcc, the network properties menu did not appear for me to make changes to my APN. I have a 3GS by the way.

Thanks for your help.
    You must use an ipcc. Use the one at the beginning of this thread and let me know
    2009-06-22 08:09 PM
    So far no dice. Attempt one got me to a lady who told me that there is no MMS Opt out code that can be removed, then in the same conversation saying it would be impossible seeing as the network isnt set to handle it. /sigh. Maybe I'll call in again later.

PS: That was Tier 2. I thought Tier 2 was supposed to be smarter than tier 1.

...Or is it Less stupid than Tier 1?
    2009-06-22 08:19 PM
    [QUOTE=StealthBravo;4517361]^ Update your ipcc with the one at the beginning of the thread

Itunes will not let me. I get an error. But I did download the bundle files and uploaded to iphone. My carrier still says 4.0 though.
    2009-06-22 08:34 PM
    Thanks for the help stealth. I am currently running an ipcc from help.benm.at. I'll give the ipcc in the first post a shot when I get home from work... Thanks again
    2009-06-22 08:34 PM

Itunes will not let me. I get an error. But I did download the bundle files and uploaded to iphone. My carrier still says 4.0 though.
    Ok Here is what I found it will solve your issues and allow you to Shift Click update on Mac or Windows using 8.2 I hope this helps ya Rah.

Make sure itunes is not running

Mac - open a terminal and type in..
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Windows - open up a command prompt and type in:

"%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

This should now allow you to update your iPhones IPCC file in itunes 8.2 via Shift-Update (Windows) or Command-Update (Macintosh) in itunes. Choose the IPCC File and install

A reboot after install
    2009-06-22 08:38 PM
    stealth, wat do you think is preventing me from continuing using mms? it when i put the sim on a at&t v3xxr for a coupkle, send some mms, call, even registered on mymedianet, put it back on iphone, able to send then it stops after awhile...tried this on 3G and 3Gs
    2009-06-22 08:58 PM
    I'm on a 3GS and I can see the carrier network settings and tethering option from a previous .ipcc update, but i'm getting the following weirdness:

a) when i try to update to your IPCC I get none of the new menu items in carrier settings. it's like I have a .ipcc that will not go away.

b) the one i have seems to be stuck on wap.cingular for all 3 with no login info (for wap, vvoicemail and mms). when i try to fix them to the right stuff (with the right logins, like acds.voicemail, etc) everything is fine, except the next time I try to tether the tethering option disappears.

so for now it seems I can have VVM or tethering, but both are not playing well together.

thoughts on getting your .ipcc to work?
    2009-06-22 09:06 PM
    Ok Here is what I found it will solve your issues and allow you to Shift Click update on Mac or Windows using 8.2 I hope this helps ya Rah.

Make sure itunes is not running

Mac - open a terminal and type in..
    defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Windows - open up a command prompt and type in:

"%ProgramFiles%iTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

This should now allow you to update your iPhones IPCC file in itunes 8.2 via Shift-Update (Windows) or Command-Update (Macintosh) in itunes. Choose the IPCC File and install

A reboot after install
    This worked like a charm, thanks.

I now have internet tethering and cellular data settings. I still don't have the camera icon in the text app. I'm hoping this will show after I do the whole phone swap thing.
    2009-06-22 09:16 PM
    stealth, wat do you think is preventing me from continuing using mms? it when i put the sim on a at&t v3xxr for a coupkle, send some mms, call, even registered on mymedianet, put it back on iphone, able to send then it stops after awhile...tried this on 3G and 3Gs
    Whats happening is AT&T is reading your iPhones IMEI after a few hours and realizing that you are using an iphone and is turning off the portal to MMS. The same thing is happening to allow it to happen. AT&T sees the IMEI of your old phone and opens up the portal to MMS. Its all automatic.
    2009-06-22 09:20 PM
    Just got off the phone with AT&T they are shutting all iphone MMS down inorder to fix the issues they are having with with the conflict on their servers. (They said one locked up last night) And yes this includes the Developers accounts.

I try calling in 4 times / I was told almost the same thing each time. The faster they disconnect everyone the faster the can resolve the issue and get it out to everyone.

The last guy I spoke to (Mike @ Tier 3) Said the way iphones transmit MMS is different from the industry standard. iphone causes more bandwith ussage and encodes it differently. And there servers are not made to handle it.

They are working on upgrading there servers (And yes this is why people can send them now as they are being sent through the new uppgraded ones) All upgrades and programming should be don mid to end of August.

At witch time AT&T will send out an update and release the MMS block.

Hope this helps everyone out.

P.S. I waited 50+ min on hold each time due to them shutting down MMS and everyone calling in and complaining. Most level 1 tier and some level 2 tier people don't know what is going on. According to Mike at AT&T any representative activating or reactivating MMS is going to be repremanded for it 3 time and they ware being fired. (Man I think they are serious about shutting it down.)

- almulder
    2009-06-22 09:38 PM
    I'm on a 3GS and I can see the carrier network settings and tethering option from a previous .ipcc update, but i'm getting the following weirdness:

a) when i try to update to your IPCC I get none of the new menu items in carrier settings. it's like I have a .ipcc that will not go away.

b) the one i have seems to be stuck on wap.cingular for all 3 with no login info (for wap, vvoicemail and mms). when i try to fix them to the right stuff (with the right logins, like acds.voicemail, etc) everything is fine, except the next time I try to tether the tethering option disappears.

so for now it seems I can have VVM or tethering, but both are not playing well together.

thoughts on getting your .ipcc to work?
    i'm having the same problem on my 3GS. It seems like the IPCC file is stuck in there. Mine enabled tethering and the camera icon in my text msg app but i cannot see the menu in Settings > General > Network to change my APN. No matter what i do, the menu doesnt come up. Even after doing a restore, tethering and the camera icon are still there.

Can someone PLEASE email me the IPCC file in the first post of this thread ?? i need the file not to be (zip or rar). email is [email protected]

I hope someone can help me out !
    Last edited by oogotbagsoo; 2009-06-22 at 10:04 PM.
    2009-06-22 10:00 PM
    anyway we can stop this at&t fiasco lol
    2009-06-22 10:08 PM
    Anyone else getting 0xE800003D when trying to install the carrier file through iTunes?
    2009-06-22 10:24 PM
    Anyone else getting 0xE800003D when trying to install the carrier file through iTunes?
    Is the Carrier file you are trying to send to your phone one you modified yourself and rezipped? Or one you downloaded from somewhere?
    2009-06-22 11:02 PM
898 ... 14222324252634 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD