The above method didn't work. Tried it with the carrier setting you provided but but it actually took away the Cellular Data Network option. When I went to tether the option enabled and then disappeared. Had to go back to a previous carrier profile. Must wait for true MMS. bummer.
    2009-06-23 11:44 PM
    So, I finally got impatient and decided that the worst thing that'd happen (hopefully) was that I'd have to reload 3.0 and start over.....

I have MMS working now on iPhone 3G, 3.0 redSn0w, ATT....

As I stated earlier, I have already been through the fight with AT&T to get MMS to work as I was using SwirlyMMS prior to the 3.0 update. So, the following are the steps I took to make MMS work on 3.0....

First, download the ATT bundle from here...and unzip it...

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Using WinSCP (or whatever program you're comfortable with to connect to your phone from your computer) navigate to the following directory:

/private/var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle

You're going to replace the files in the ATT_US folder with the ones you unzipped above.... prior to this, I made a copy of the contents just in case i F'd things up....

After copying those in, I rebooted my phone.

Now, in Settings --> General --> Network I have a Cellular Data Network option.... in there, down on the MMS section, I put the following (which is what I had used in Swirly...

APN wap.cingular
    MMSC mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy wireless.cingular.com:80

And presto... works like a charm.... way better than swirly was.... I'm now happily sending and receiving MMS through my normal text messaging program.....
    i wish it was that easy for me
    2009-06-24 12:36 AM
    Running into a little problem. I've followed all the steps. Tethering is enabled, medianet worked on another phone, the ipcc file loads. But for some reason I'm not seeing the camera icon or MMS feature under settings - Messages.

Anyone have any idea. I've reloaded the ipcc a few times and even went to the benm.at/help site to load that profile, but all come up short.

I appreciate the help.
    2009-06-24 01:52 PM
    Running into a little problem. I've followed all the steps. Tethering is enabled, medianet worked on another phone, the ipcc file loads. But for some reason I'm not seeing the camera icon or MMS feature under settings - Messages.

Anyone have any idea. I've reloaded the ipcc a few times and even went to the benm.at/help site to load that profile, but all come up short.

I appreciate the help.
    If you are using the 2G iPhone it will not work, the ipcc files will only bring up the camera functions on the 3G or the 3GS iPhones
    2009-06-24 11:43 PM

I appreciate the help.
    I've done the exact same thing and have been asking around for days trying to get the camera icon or MMS feature in settings with no success.
    2009-06-25 12:16 AM
    im having probs.. maybe someone can help.

i have itunes 8.2 so it wont let me add ipcc files, so i downloaded the zip file to SSH it in, but when i unzip the file it gives me a winzip error and doesnt unzip the entire file. ive tried this numerous times.

anyone know whats going on?
    2009-06-25 02:05 AM
    ^^^^ look a few pages back; they go over how to fix this
    2009-06-25 02:11 AM
    thanks that worked.

now im trying to set the APN settings but my screen doesnt look like what StealthBravo posted..

this is what i have.. and im not sure what to put in for all the fields.

edit - and yes i tried the MMS settings msurdyke posted
    Attached Thumbnails Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone-picture-1029.png   Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone-picture-1030.png  
    Last edited by stylin97; 2009-06-25 at 02:37 AM.
    2009-06-25 02:33 AM
    hope u thanked me and keep searchin i still cant get the camera icon to even try
    2009-06-25 02:39 AM
    well i called AT&T twice now trying to get everything enabled and they said they cant do anything for me and they have a note to have people wanting it to call Apple Development Center.

I would try that but im sure they would want to know if i was a registered developer and wouldnt do anything for me if i wasnt.
    2009-06-25 03:19 AM
    I just did this...and it works PERFECT. yay.
    2009-06-25 05:16 AM
    I just did this...and it works PERFECT. yay.
    can you post steps of what u did?

thanks
    2009-06-25 05:27 AM
    If you are trying to get the camera icon to show up go to this youtube link and follow his instructions. he has all the links to itunes pre release and the ipcc in his description.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umpslQ9iBrQ]YouTube - How to enable MMS on iPhone OR iPod touch 3.0 (GM FINAL RELEASE) for AT&T!!![/ame]

that enables your mms but it doesnt mean your mms's will actually send or recieve... the trick is getting att to let you send/recieve messages. ya ya ya take your sim card out and switch this bull sht but come on. i dont have another att phone to switch sim cards.. anybody have any other ideas to get att to let you send/recieve mms??
    2009-06-25 08:14 AM
    If you are trying to get the camera icon to show up go to this youtube link and follow his instructions. he has all the links to itunes pre release and the ipcc in his description.

that enables your mms but it doesnt mean your mms's will actually send or recieve... the trick is getting att to let you send/recieve messages. ya ya ya take your sim card out and switch this bull sht but come on. i dont have another att phone to switch sim cards.. anybody have any other ideas to get att to let you send/recieve mms??
    I've tried so much stuff to get the camera icon in the text app with no success. somehow, this worked. thanks
    2009-06-25 09:46 AM
    hrmm stopped working this morning on me. but my text plan is still listed as 'unlimited text' not the iphone unlimited text...weird.
    2009-06-25 07:37 PM
    thnks for the tut

my vm keeps messing up i guess ill wait.
    Last edited by thed0000d; 2009-06-25 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-06-25 08:15 PM
    Ok so I have a bit of a theory as to why this is working only part of the time for some of us. Those of us switching over and making a few calls etc. we get everything setup and the reason it stops working is because the network updates back to an iphone after only a few hours. there is something being sent to the carrier telling them we are on an iphone. It may only be able to be done through a jailbreak but maybe there is a way to convince your AT&T account and networks that your using a totally different phone?
    2009-06-25 09:12 PM
    Well, I had MMS working just fine on both wmy wife's iphone as as well as mine. It has been a few days since I've attempted to send a picture message and when I attempted it tonight, it failed. I had the wife attempt to send a pic message and hers failed as well.

Methodology:

We both ahve jailbroken iphone 3G. All is good there. After jailbreaking, we updated the carrier file to 5.0. After that, we swapped the sim card out, sent a few test messages and pictures with another friend on AT&T and all was well. We then put our sim cards back into the iphones and were then able to successfully send and receive picture messages.

Now, with no udpates or modifications or doing anything with the phones, 2 days later, the ability to MMS is gone.

Any thoughts?
    2009-06-26 02:10 AM
    Well, I had MMS working just fine on both wmy wife's iphone as as well as mine. It has been a few days since I've attempted to send a picture message and when I attempted it tonight, it failed. I had the wife attempt to send a pic message and hers failed as well.

Methodology:

We both ahve jailbroken iphone 3G. All is good there. After jailbreaking, we updated the carrier file to 5.0. After that, we swapped the sim card out, sent a few test messages and pictures with another friend on AT&T and all was well. We then put our sim cards back into the iphones and were then able to successfully send and receive picture messages.

Now, with no udpates or modifications or doing anything with the phones, 2 days later, the ability to MMS is gone.

Any thoughts?

Same situation.... it looks like att has a way of knowing the exact phone ur sim card is in.... i had mms working from saturday afternoon to about tuesday. I used my friends palm treo, as at monday, the device on my att account was showing a treo phone, now its back to the iphone 3G, now i can't send nor receive mms, well it was good while it lasted
    2009-06-26 02:42 AM
    nada... i got the cam to show, etc, could take pix from within texting... but nothin... oh well, gotsta wait
    Last edited by tw1zt3d; 2009-06-26 at 04:35 AM.
    2009-06-26 03:48 AM
898 ... 16242526272836 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD