User Tag List

Same situation.... it looks like att has a way of knowing the exact phone ur sim card is in.... i had mms working from saturday afternoon to about tuesday. I used my friends palm treo, as at monday, the device on my att account was showing a treo phone, now its back to the iphone 3G, now i can't send nor receive mms, well it was good while it lasted
    Its a shot in the dark. but I have a Go phone I bought yesterday. Called AT&T told them i couldnt send MMS couldnt access media net and gave them the phones serial number, they changed it all in the system and about 15 minutes later when i could access media net on that phone I switched it out and put the sim in the 3GS. That phone is now just sitting around, its not being used by anyone and has no new sim in it.

The only thing i can think of is AT&T's system either sends random checks and is breaking it. OR They are checking the serial number and if it noticed its on a new sim, it checks the old sims current phone and does more than just update that account back to the iPhone, it is set to reprovision your service.

I am happy to have this theory debunked by someone who is Still using MMS that used a friends phone. or B someone who used a GoPhone or other inactive phone, has no sim in the inactive phone and was able to send for a while, and then it got turned off.

The lady i spoke with at AT&T told me that I had to take my data plan off the account, after telling her not to about 5 times she left it alone. As of now everything is working. If my Theory is right, then the solution to keep MMS working is semi simple. it costs 20 dollars. but ehh its worth it.
    2009-06-26 03:10 PM
    This is simple, ATT is blocking all iPhone ESN's from having MMS capabilities plain and simple. Its always been this way. If there was something to spoof the ESN as we use to have with previous versions of the iPhone OS then you could change the ESN and MMS.

I have an HTC Fuze, as soon as I put my sim in that phone my MMS works. I put it back in my 3G, I may get one MMS out and then back to nothing. Dont waste your time anymore with these hacks, they wont work.

And yes I know its only my 2nd post as I prefer to read and learn.....
    2009-06-26 06:56 PM
    Fair enough, your entitled to your opinion, however multiple people have gotten it to work, and stick. I'm using it right now. hasnt acted up. I had to call AT&T to do it. but yes it works. Its luck of the draw. Is it a waste of time to do it? Maybe. But so was downloading and using 3.0 OS Beta. I dont see people complaining about doing that. Everything that will eventually come to pass, those who get it earlier someone will pop up and say we are wasting our time.

Just like when a group of people race to jailbreak 3GS. Did they all need to do it? No, Eventually one of the teams would get it, but what would be the point of trying if thats your outlook. You cant get anything done in life thinking that way.

Personally try, try, try again. Eventually it pays off, usually big. Anyway its linked to the ESN Numbers yes. But the ESN isnt whats kicking off your iPhone.
    2009-06-26 07:16 PM
    Just a hint of advice, your iPhone will disable MMS on the network when you reboot. Weird. Yesterday had it working for 3 hours then I had to reboot and it would no longer work. Today I had it for 10 hours and tested the reboot and as soon as I rebooted MMS no longer worked. I'm not sure what has caused this but apple has tried to ensure that we don't use MMS neither. I had my account provisioned and all. Apple is annoying. Dev team needs to come out with an IMEI masker, kinda like ZiPhone (just a quality version). So a hint of advice? If you manage to get MMS to work, do not reboot your phone.
    2009-06-27 03:54 AM
    Just a hint of advice, your iPhone will disable MMS on the network when you reboot. Weird. Yesterday had it working for 3 hours then I had to reboot and it would no longer work. Today I had it for 10 hours and tested the reboot and as soon as I rebooted MMS no longer worked. I'm not sure what has caused this but apple has tried to ensure that we don't use MMS neither. I had my account provisioned and all. Apple is annoying. Dev team needs to come out with an IMEI masker, kinda like ZiPhone (just a quality version). So a hint of advice? If you manage to get MMS to work, do not reboot your phone.
    Theory Debunked for my specific set.

I did this, knowing full well I might end up getting screwed after being 2 days mms capable. Left it off for 2 minutes, then off for 30 seconds, both times the carrier file was reloaded showed AT&T and I sent a MMS right away and received it too. I'm going to guess the way they setup my account that this wont happen to me. Are other people, who have it working, having this happen when they reboot?
    2009-06-27 04:35 AM
    So I had updated my carrier settings (AT&T) the other day. I had tethering working and I had the MMS function in my textmessaging app. But I couldn't send an MMS. It would get hung up and fail about 90% thru the message. So last night I figured I'd try again to see if the message would send. It failed but then I didn't have the camera in my message app anymore. I did a reset of the phone and still nothing. I have tethering still, and it still shows Cellualr Data Network and I have the APN info for MMS all provisioned.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do I just need to update the APN again?

Thanks
    2009-06-27 12:25 PM
    Theory Debunked for my specific set.

I did this, knowing full well I might end up getting screwed after being 2 days mms capable. Left it off for 2 minutes, then off for 30 seconds, both times the carrier file was reloaded showed AT&T and I sent a MMS right away and received it too. I'm going to guess the way they setup my account that this wont happen to me. Are other people, who have it working, having this happen when they reboot?
    Maybe it has to deal with activation through iTunes. My phone was going slow so I restored without restoring from backup, and hactivated with redsn0w. Will test and tell you my results. Oh I also put ultrasn0w this time just like before because when I didn't activate through iTunes I would not get signal, nor would it actually load my sim.
    2009-06-27 05:14 PM
    Well basically u don't even need an att phone, u can use any phone that is not carrier locked and use it to fool att, make sure to register on medianet
    2009-06-27 07:22 PM
    k new problem guys.

i added the carrier file the other day and the MMS option showed up but i couldnt get MMS to work, no big deal lots of people have that problem. I read somewhere to try doing "reset network settings" in the MMS options part, so i tried that and the MMS feature all together went away.

now when i try to add the carrier file again, the MMS feature still wont show up??

edit - NM... somehow after loading the carrier file like 10 times and rebooting like 20, it randomly showed up. Weird!
    Last edited by stylin97; 2009-06-27 at 11:41 PM.
    2009-06-27 10:43 PM
    Is the final way listed (in colors) the best way to do this? I have a 2G iPhone... I haven't actually seen a reply to the questions asking if the 2G is compatible...

thanx

tim
    2009-06-27 11:00 PM
    I cant seem to connect my 3G S to touchcopy anymore...I wanted to repalce that ipcc file but since I cant connect I cant do it...also itunes wont let me instal al later version...any help would be apprecaited. thanks
    2009-06-28 02:09 AM
    2g is not compatible with this as far as I was told last week by another member.
    2009-06-28 06:25 PM
    mms ftw! on iPhone 3G[S] for Speed.
    Last edited by Boker; 2009-06-29 at 05:04 AM.
    2009-06-28 06:33 PM
    Boker, how recently have you done this?
    2009-06-29 08:29 AM
    Monday morning 9:22EST Still no change. Turned things off, etc etc. I think mines finally perm. I'll give another direct update if anything changes. But for now I think im in the clear.
    2009-06-29 02:23 PM
    So no matter what phone I put my sim card in, I have several ATT phones around. My ATT account and media net, both still think it's in an iphone. Anyone have any suggestions there?
    2009-06-29 09:57 PM
    Deathofallthings your not alone I used to have MMS with beta 1-5 and when I upgraded to GM it hasnt worked since. Now that I got an iPhone 3GS i loaded that file from benm.at and only tethering works and I can't even see the Cellular Data Network menu to toggle with the MMS settings nor do I have the camera icon its been driving me insane. If anyone knows how to help out in this case that would be awesome. I was able to change my sim into another phone and after 15 minutes i went back online to change my plan to the unlimited messaging instead of the iPhone messaging plan. But still no luck is there anything else i need to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.
    2009-06-29 10:05 PM
    I think ATT must have got wise to the switching your iphone account to another type of phone, because no matter what I do, when I go to my ATT account it detects an Iphone, not the phone the sim is actually in.
    2009-06-29 10:45 PM
    I have mine working and the att site never detected my phone as anything else but an iphone.

You need the messenger plan added to your account instead of the iphone text plan. You maybe able to change it on your own or in my case had an att rep switch it for me.

You need to register for medianet. After doing that and having your sim in another phone, go to the site where you enter your number and wait for a text message. Access medianet make a few changes that say they updated your phone. Then your ready to switch back.

There have been a couple of topics about this in the past by ppl getting swirly to work also.
    2009-06-30 04:21 AM
    where is everyone getting this damn ipcc file im trying to get it from the megaupload.com link but its not downloading... its making me extremely frustrated because i have an older ipcc file and i lost tethering, VM, and MMS so yeah need to get this damn ipcc file anyone send it to me??? i try to DL it from megaupload it just just keeps redirecting me back to the damn verify page where you have to type in the random numbers....

It Is What It Is...
    2009-06-30 06:15 AM
898 ... 17252627282937 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD