I had a 1st generation iphone that i got about 2 years ago and it recently got stolen...

My 2 year contract is ending in like a month and i was wondering if i can get a new iphone but for just 1 year? especially because the refurb 8gig 3g iphone is only $99

can anyone answer my quetion? it would help a lotttt
    2009-04-30 02:02 AM
    Hm noo.. Read the AT&T contract for the iPhone.
    2009-04-30 02:25 AM
    not frm att-- if they give you the phone for 100, 200, or 300- they make you sign the 2 year contract- but if you buy off ebay, or similar 3rd party seller, you can just get a new sim from att and continue your contract without signing up for nothing-

you can find new/refurbs from 3rd parties too- but those cost quite a bit-

keep in mind, the 1st generation iphone has a cheaper monthly service for data- the cheapest 3g bill is around 80$- barring exceptions- so by buying a 1g, you'll save 240$ on data over the 2 years--- and will be free to upgrade come the 4g.
    happiness is a warm iphone~~~~
    2009-04-30 07:38 PM
    wait so if i get a new 1st gen iphone off ebay or something and keep my contract, I can get a free upgrade for the upcomming 4g?
    2009-05-03 10:09 PM
    wait so if i get a new 1st gen iphone off ebay or something and keep my contract, I can get a free upgrade for the upcomming 4g?
    No, if you keep your 1st Gen or purchase a new one from ebay or something, you will be eligable for an upgrade when your 2 year contract ends. (You said in like a month). When the 4G comes out, you will be able to pay the price that people who are NEW to ATT can pay. For example, new customers to ATT pay I believe 199 for an 8GB 3G now. However, they sign a contract. Old customers who are not eligible for upgrades have to pay more money to buy a new phone.
    2009-05-03 10:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD