hey everyone!
    im new with all this but want to know if this can be done, these are just ideas that have ran in my head

so i will be a new at&t customer and want to get the new iphone 3GS. my boyfriend at the moment has a 3G in a family plan with a friend. my boyfriend also wants the 3GS.

so i was wondering if i could go to at&t and get two iphones 3GS with a family plan?
    i was going to do a family plan with my boyfriend and have him sell his 3G so that he can pay the ETF, but would he be able to keep his phone number? or will they assign him a new one?

also this is kinda bad but everyone has them lol
    what if i go and get a 3G and a 3GS, and get my boyfriends old 3G and sell the new 3G and then go to at&t and say actually i want the 3GS and give them the old one...would they know that it was the old iphone?

if someone can help me out with these noob questions i would appreciate it!

thanks!!
    2009-06-18 12:07 AM
    Yes. I just did exactly that. I order two IPhones for a 5 line family plan. it is 299 each. You need to add the data plan for $30 on each phone though.
    2009-06-18 01:25 AM
    i thought it was $199 for a 16GB & $299 for a 32GB?

also can someone answer the other two questions thanks!
    2009-06-18 02:42 AM
    any help? =/
    2009-06-19 09:19 PM
    He might not be able to keep his number. That is something you can ask AT&T before he terminates his account.

As far as returning then old phone instead of the new one I think that they will catch it at one point or another.
    2009-06-22 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD