i got this email from att tonight, and for some reason i cannot mms still.... maybe its not the opt out code we are waiting for! and yes i have the updated ipcc
    Attached Thumbnails mms opt out code removed?-006.png  
    2009-06-22 06:45 AM
    clicked attached thumbnails, nothing there
    2009-06-22 06:47 AM
    ill try uploading to photobucket. hold on
    2009-06-22 06:53 AM
    2009-06-22 06:58 AM
    Wow that is interesting for sure
    2009-06-22 06:58 AM
    i know! i was like wtf att lol..... this is crazy... they r up to something, have to be.... HAVE TO
    2009-06-22 06:59 AM
    I speculated this would be the case when they announced it would be done manually one by one. Everyone will most likely get their MMS activated over time... not all at once "by the end of the summer" as AT&T said.
    2009-06-22 07:01 AM
    I speculated this would be the case when they announced it would be done manually one by one. Everyone will most likely get their MMS activated over time... not all at once "by the end of the summer" as AT&T said.
    this is rediculous.... i know my iphone can mms, i have done it before when i had the beta, why not now? lol. there has to be SOMETHING more going on that they arent telling us.... maybe they just suck... oh wait.... we knew that.... lol
    2009-06-22 07:15 AM
    ^ So you still cant send anything?
    2009-06-22 07:17 AM
    just did the sim card switch thing and it worked! im now on unlimited messaging, not iphone text... we shall see how long this lasts, but since they are provisioning them anyways wouldnt i be ok?
    2009-06-22 07:29 AM
    ^ did you change your plan?
    2009-06-22 07:33 AM
    yup to ultd messaging, from iphone text
    2009-06-22 07:35 AM
    After putting the ipcc file using instructions fromhere

Here are the steps I used to provision mms on my phone with out calling ATT. I didn't change anything online fro my plan like step 5 says to do and my iphone can mms all day but that's probably because I have a family plan with unlimited messaging.

I stole some of this from swirlymms blog post.

"1. First, you will need a regular AT&T/Cingular phone. I used a old Samsung A737. You should be able to use any phone as long as it is Media Net compatible.

2. Take the SIM from your iPhone, Insert it in to a standard phone, Make a phone call, wait about 5 minutes.

3. After 5 minutes go to the following link,
    My MEdia Net

Enter in your mobile number(it might say your phone is not supported.. if so wait a little longer and try again), then at the next screen it will ask for a 4 digit code.

The 4 digit code will be sent to your phone via Text message.

Enter the code in on the website and then you should be able to access the main Media Net site.

4. Now send a mms. I also made some calls and called my number from another phone. It will take some time for the network to recognize the phone. Be patient. Took me about 10 minutes.

5. If that worked and it sent a MMS great and skip this step. Otherwise, log into att wireless at https://www.wireless.att.com/ and you should notice your phone your using to make this work is now listed as your phone/device on the account overview page.

Click on the manage features on the right side of the screen and scroll down to messaging and change from whatever it was (mine was iPhone Text Messaging Unlimited) and change it to "Messaging Unlimited
    AT&T Recommends" (i guess they recommend it because your aren't currently on your iPhone).

You should be able to stay on the "Data Plan for iPhone 3G" and not make any changes to that part as I didn't. If you change this, I think this is where I lost my Visual Voicemal.

Wait a few minutes and your MMS should finally make it through on your temp phone. If not this might not work for you.

6. Now take out the sim card and place it back in the iPhone.

Here is a link to a screenshot of my phone sending and receiving mms HERE
    2009-06-22 07:36 AM
    i just find it amusing that att says that they have to wait to provision all iphone accounts manually, when in reality it just randomly sent me that email and said that the mms opt out code was removed on my account.... and i had to do the sim card trick method to remove the rest of the block i guess? i dont really know how it all works but somehow it fixed itself. maybe this is their way of provisioning them manually, literally one at a time, and im one of the first? idk
    2009-06-22 07:47 AM
    Isn't MMS great?

2009-06-22 08:21 AM
    its fantastic dude.... now if only all my other friends with iphones could send me pix..... lol
    2009-06-22 09:45 AM
    The email is telling you that it had to remove the MMS due to your iPhone package being added. As of right now any iPhone plan will trigger the MMS block. It doesn't say it was removing the MMS block.
    2009-06-22 09:54 AM
    Isn't MMS great?

oh you're just a big jerk. :P
    16GB Black iPhone 3G 3.0

15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.5.6

12" PowerBook G4 OS X 10.5.5
    2009-06-22 10:04 AM
    ^ lmao

Sorry, at least it wasnt a sample of a video MMS
    2009-06-22 10:11 AM
    o stealth, lol u such a tease.... but yea i've been enjoying mms since saturday but my phone is still listed on my att account online as a palm treo, not that am worried anyway, and o yea i had to change my text messaging plan from the iphone unlimited to just unlimited texting, it the same $20 cus i noticed it looked like i was getting charged per mms i sent...
    2009-06-22 12:45 PM
41 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD