O.k. I'm usually really good at this iPhone stuff, but I don't know how I should do this. So here's the problem. My dad has a work phone and they only let him use blackberry's and he has a blackberry data plan. He is also on AT&T. So.. he want's to use a iPhone, but when he put his sim in his friends iPhone(it wasn't jailbroken) he's company knew he did that and told him not to use an iPhone. So if we were to jailbreak the iPhone and unlock it would his company still know or would they not and if they would know is there something extra I could do so they don't know. Thanks. And sorry if this is the wrong place I just kinda guess I wasn't sure which to use.
    2009-07-03 06:20 AM
    Yeah, if they could tell the first time they'll be able to tell again... I don't believe there was ever an IMEI changer after 1.x.x, so it's probably a no-go.

Nice name, though.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-07-04 04:37 AM
    Nope, it uses Rim software, and if you happened to have either ATT or T-mobile, the DATA service is locked towards the phone IMEI! because Rim service is mostly use for buisness, he could get a BB Storm 9500, not the one from Verizon, cause it suck! the 9530 sucks!
    2009-07-04 05:42 AM
    Well he has AT&T and one reason why they knew I think is because the one he tired it in wasn't jailbroken or unlocked so if I did jailbreak it then unlock it would they still know?

Nope, it uses Rim software, and if you happened to have either ATT or T-mobile, the DATA service is locked towards the phone IMEI! because Rim service is mostly use for buisness, he could get a BB Storm 9500, not the one from Verizon, cause it suck! the 9530 sucks!
    He can't get verizon blackberry phones only at&t ones. What's the one not from verizon?
    Last edited by ilikeipodtouchshehe; 2009-07-06 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-06 06:27 AM
    Well he has AT&T and one reason why they knew I think is because the one he tired it in wasn't jailbroken or unlocked so if I did jailbreak it then unlock it would they still know?

He can't get verizon blackberry phones only at&t ones. What's the one not from verizon?
    The new Storm Uses a Sim, and there is Unlocked GSM models 9500 the Verizon one is WCDMA/GSM ( I do sell the GSM) and even if he unlocked, or jalbreak its phone, it needs the IMEI in order to reconize that is a RIM able phone. Rim services are blackberriy's, the same way are the Sidekick service.
    2009-07-06 07:28 AM
    The new Storm Uses a Sim, and there is Unlocked GSM models 9500 the Verizon one is WCDMA/GSM ( I do sell the GSM) and even if he unlocked, or jalbreak its phone, it needs the IMEI in order to reconize that is a RIM able phone. Rim services are blackberriy's, the same way are the Sidekick service.
    O.k. Well I might try it anyway just for the heck of it, but thanks for your help.
    2009-07-07 01:03 AM
    O.k. well i tired the unlock and jailbreak with no luck if i were to change the IMEI with ZiPhone to a blackberrys IMEI will they know?
    2009-08-22 05:30 AM
    NO MORE IMEI changer after 1.x.x, so you are out off luck! and RIM service are not designed for the iphone! you need the software, and if you do get with in the service, only last a few days! I have done so! the most I was on the service was 22 says! att even locked my sim card, had to call them up!
    2009-08-22 06:19 AM
    I use my work issued blackberry sim card in my iPhone. It works great, I do not use the blackberry server tho I use the companys exchange sever. Which they gave me the info. My only worry is that I might go over our unlimited data plan (unlimited means 5gigs) not that much when your talking iPhone
    2009-08-22 09:13 AM
    I use my work issued blackberry sim card in my iPhone. It works great, I do not use the blackberry server tho I use the companys exchange sever. Which they gave me the info. My only worry is that I might go over our unlimited data plan (unlimited means 5gigs) not that much when your talking iPhone
    O.k. So i think its not possible but i did hear about ZiPhone workings for 3.0 but whatever. Atleast you have exchange server his company uses the balckberry so it makes it difficult
    2009-08-23 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD