Hey!

I got my iPhone a couple weeks ago and unlocked it - I'm using it in Canada on Rogers, and it's fantastic.

Now, I'm going to Buffalo next weekend for a couple of days, and wanted to sign up for pay-as-you-go to avoid paying Canadian roaming rates. I don't want GoPhone - I just want to buy minutes.

I've still got the AT&T SIM that came with the phone - can I activate it? I tried putting it in and opening iTunes, but my phone's unlocked so iTunes doesn't prompt me for any of the AT&T activation stuff.

I suppose I could blow out my iPhone and activate it, then unlock my iPhone again, but I'd really rather not - is there a simpler way (like calling them and reading the ID number on the unactivated SIM) to get setup?

Thanks!!
    2007-09-24 08:44 AM
    Sure, just call them and have it activated as pre-paid (the sim, not the phone - phone shouldn't matter).

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews
    2007-09-24 08:48 AM
    Got it, so I just call them, tell them I have a SIM, give them the ID of the SIM and they'll set me up? I won't even mention iPhone...
    2007-09-24 08:49 AM
    Yup!

2007-09-24 08:54 AM
    Yup!
    Thanks man! By the way, great site you guys have got here. I still appreciate all the help you posted for people to mod their RAZR/PEBLs...
    2007-09-24 08:58 AM
    We try.

2007-09-24 09:10 AM
    FYI I called AT&T (the number is 1.877.426.0525, works from Canada too) and gave the automated system my SIM # and I was good to go, nice and easy.
    2007-09-26 01:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD