User Tag List

So I added a extra line just to be able to get the 3GS my first month is almost up and im planning to pay the early termination fee of 175. Will att ask me to return the 3GS?
    2009-07-09 01:40 AM
    Under a normal plan the early termination fee covers the cost of the phone. This is a different story though since AT&T is being a d**k about the iPhone. I'm not sure. You would need to talk to a representative from AT&T.

The way I see it, you paid at least $199 for the iPhone (assuming it's a 16gb) and then there is the $175 termination fee. Together that makes $374. The unsubsidized price for a 16gb 3GS is $599. I'm sure they would want to make up for the $125 difference somehow.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-09 02:23 AM
    Yeah, your not gonna come out cheaper. Dont you think they've thought of that already? Or everyone would be doing it.
    2009-07-09 02:25 AM
    i have the 32GB im planning to keep but if they will charge me the remaining balance. I probably will just give the phone up. and find a used 3GS. damn! ATT sucks!
    2009-07-09 02:26 AM
    your best way to keep the phone is to keep it for 30 days flat and after business hours you call them saying you wish to cancel... that way u have more of a chance that they will let you keep your phone. Or to play it safe cancel after 30 days... i dont think they would take away your phone per their terms. After 30 days however you will be billed for that month.
    2009-07-09 05:29 PM
    but if they are billed after for the next month wont it be cheap because of provision rates?
    2009-07-16 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD