Anyone have any idea why it charges your account to check voicemail?
    2009-07-15 03:22 AM
    it did that to me too but if i remember right after i called them they set up my plan as a iphone plan and it started showing visual voice mail like its suppose to be. this is what i set my plan up as:

Data Unlimited
    iPhone PYP Data Plan
    Messaging Standard 1000

with this i have everything working.
    2009-07-16 05:48 AM
    the Data Unlimited includes visual voicemail might need to call ATT
    2009-07-17 04:16 PM
    Pick your Plan must have Unlimited data to have uncharged per min voicemail
    2009-07-17 04:47 PM
    Well I have unlimited data,and message package. The little &*#[email protected] from AT&T tells me I have to call apple, to sign up for the AT&T iphone data plan. AT&T is under the impression I use a Samsung Blackjack (which is why I already have the unlimited data package). In semi Intelligible English I understood that I can NO LONGER add an iPhone to a PYP.
    2009-07-17 08:04 PM
    If AT&T Customer Service won't add the PYP iPhone data plan on for you (try calling again, telling them you got that 3.0 software update text message saying to contact them to add the iPhone plan on)... you'll have to activate a new PYP account via iTunes (using a 2G iPhone) to get the iPhone data package (to get Visual VoiceMail and free VVM retrieval).

Those two routes are really the only routes that will give you free VM retrieval.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
    2009-07-18 04:27 AM
    will this work for pay as you go not other one? any ideas what I can do cause 100mb isn't enough
    2009-07-19 12:56 AM
    PAYG doesn't offer an unlimited data solution (haven't since November 08), they just the 1MB or 100MB blocks to purchase. They also do not have a native VVM solution for the iPhone (as iPhones aren't technically allowed on PAYG).
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
    2009-07-19 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD