I have one 3GS.... Lol

My MMS is still going strong btw.
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 2009-07-29 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-29 11:35 PM
    Has MMS been enabled? I woke up this morning to the chime of a test MMS I had send myself two days ago. Sent myself another test message and it worked… I have done no hacks to get it working. I'm running 3.1b3 with no custom ipcc and have not called AT&T once.
    2009-07-30 04:17 PM
    is it still workin
    2009-07-31 03:50 AM
    not working mms doesn't work.
    2009-07-31 04:59 AM
    Where the hell is 3.1?? And does anyone know if its going to have mms or not??
    2009-07-31 06:14 AM
    ^ dunno and dunno
    2009-07-31 06:21 AM
    lol. hmmm weird that it worked on 3.1 beta. without calling too...

hmmm....
    hmmmm?
    hhmmmm!

lol. sorry im really tired.

*My is MMS still working*

(100th post )
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 2009-08-01 at 01:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-01 01:18 AM
    lol. hmmm weird that it worked on 3.1 beta. without calling too...

hmmm....
    hmmmm?
    hhmmmm!

lol. sorry im really tired.

*My is MMS still working*

(100th post )
    It's been an entire week. MMS still rocking. Prolly gonna hold off on the 3.0.1 patch for now though.
    2009-08-01 02:14 AM
    I would too ^
    2009-08-01 03:04 AM
    It's been an entire week. MMS still rocking. Prolly gonna hold off on the 3.0.1 patch for now though.
    what method did you use?
    and ya,im gunna hold out on it too.
    -------------------
    i wanna keep my jailbreak
    (even though i think theres a prblm with it and my battery)
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-drainage.html
    2009-08-01 06:16 AM
    what method did you use?
    and ya,im gunna hold out on it too.
    -------------------
    i wanna keep my jailbreak
    (even though i think theres a prblm with it and my battery)
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...-drainage.html
    Hey Justin,

I downloaded the ipcc file you posted and installed it via iTunes 8.2.1. (of course doing the trick to allow Mobile Profile editing in iTunes via Terminal)

Went into settings on the phone and enabled MMS Messaging under the Messages settings.

Went into General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network and typed in the settings you suggested under MMS.

Then I did the whole SIM card swap with another ATT no iPhone (an old Nokia to be specific).

While I did try and get AT&T to enable the WAP Push the call was futile. In actually there was no need for the call to customer service.

I used the myWireless app on my iPhone to change my text messaging plan to a noniPhone messaging plan. Sent a few MMSes with the Nokia. Then I switched the Nokia OFF with SIM card in it. Made sure my iPhone was OFF and then placed the SIM card back in it.

Booted up my iPhone and MMS has been rocking ever since.

I feel like a member of MMSA (Multimedia Messaging Service Anonymous).... Hi I've been MMSing for 8 days now and I feel great.... LOL .

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general/679450-severe-battery-drainage.html[/url]
    Dude, yeah I know the battery leaves much to be desired. So I have found myself making sure I am staying charged whether in the car, at home, or at work. When I am away from those chargers I have a Lithium Ion USB charger that I carry in my pocket. It sucks but to me it's the nature of the beast to keep a device that I have doing so much (Backgrounding with GPS app Navigon, tethering, MMS, etc.) charged up and ready to work at a moment's notice.
    Last edited by and1gator; 2009-08-02 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-02 01:33 AM
    I feel like a member of MMSA (Multimedia Messaging Service Anonymous).... Hi I've been MMSing for 8 days now and I feel great.... LOL .
    LOL i love it

ya, the only real need for the call is to disable snooper from changing you back.
    its odd how snooper works. it affects some, while ignoring others...

odd..

lol

and i went to the apple store today. they replaced my screen (unrelated issue) and told me that the 3.0.1 would solve my battery issues.

restoring now. (waiting for a jailbreak

after googling for about 30 seconds. i found that the 3.0 capable version of redsn0w works on 3.0.1

just jailbroke and am rebooting.

as a side note, ive done like 5 restores. and started as new device.
    and all i had to do was reapply the ipcc file and it worked. no re-adding that plan
    Last edited by JustinPizzle; 2009-08-02 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-02 05:36 AM
    Why would a restore cause you to readd the plan? Or have any effect on the mms setup on AT&T end? I see people say stuff just like this all the time on here and don't understand the reasoning behind it. If it's working all you need is the right phone settings(ipcc).
    2009-08-02 01:50 PM
    Because everytime you restore, it causes the phone to Reactivate afterwords with AT&T. Re register with their network.
    2009-08-02 07:14 PM
    ^ sorry but no, it activates with apple based on the sim that's in it. Has nothing to do with AT&T. Don't believe me set up a packet sniffer on your network, never does it contact AT&T only apple.
    2009-08-02 07:52 PM
    idk. maybe it was just a fluke.

ya that would explain why it hasnt needed me to re add the account.
    sorry lol
    2009-08-02 10:00 PM
    I decided to try to get my MMS working after noticing that AT&T made a change on my account (instead of saying "Text/IM messaging" it changed to simply "Messaging"). Loading a new carrier file on its own didn't work so I did a combination of the methods described here. I put my sim card in an older AT&T phone long enough to log on myWireless and change my plan to "Messaging Unlimited". Then I loaded the 4.2 carrier file since 5.0 didn't give me the camera icon and loaded the AT&T mms profile found here: help.BenM.at and that was it. MMS has been working great and my plan hasn't changed back to the old text-only one. Thanks for the help guys!
    2009-08-03 05:52 AM
    anytime my friend. wait, you said your plan didnt say iphone text messaging, it said messaging on its own?
    wow. im gunna check that.
    PROGRESS!!!

or maybe i misunderstood you.
    in that case, sad face indeed
    2009-08-03 06:37 AM
    Yep, this past Friday I logged onto the myWirelss app and noticed the plan said "Integrated Messaging" and that was never there before. They stopped tracking my txt messages under "Text/IM Messaging" and started putting them all under integrated. Then my online profile started showing just "Messaging" which shows they made some kind of change to my plan in the middle of the cycle.

I tried doing just a carrier update that would add the camera to the Messages app to see if it would let me send an MMS, but it would fail even if I edited the network settings. After changing the plan myself though, it all works great. Looks like AT&T is changing over accounts, but there's still one final switch they need to flip, as well as the new carrier file update.

This is how myWireless features currently looks:

Edit: Uh, sorry for the huge pics lol
    Last edited by PikkonX; 2009-08-03 at 06:58 AM.
    2009-08-03 06:50 AM
    cool!!
    2009-08-03 08:14 PM
94 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD