User Tag List

Me a new iphone 3g
    Tmobile decided that it would be a great idea to screw everyone with an iphone from their 9.99 plan to their 24.99 EDGE data package.

My contract was up and I decided to head to the local ATT store to get me a new contract and iphone, I figured if I am going to pay that much for it, I might as well get the 3g speed.

So what is this about MMS being enabled on all our 3g phones?

Any extra cost? I am on the 3.0 FW still and I just jail broke it, less than an hour of owning the phone and its jail broken already
    2009-08-27 05:05 AM
    Its not enabled yet. And nobody's sure how the pricing will work.
    2009-08-27 05:06 AM
    strange my 3g stopped working! ack!
    2009-08-27 05:08 AM
    Its not enabled yet. And nobody's sure how the pricing will work.
    Pricing info has been available for a while, mang. It's all included in the data plan cost.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-08-27 05:18 AM
    ^Yeah thats been a solid "rumor" but hasnt been announced by Apple or ATT.

Correct me if Ive missed something.
    2009-08-27 05:19 AM
    Possibly. My mom works for AT&T (unrelated to cellular service and what not; corporate AT&T) and they got information about the upcoming MMS for iPhone a few months ago and I believe it said in there. I've been told by a few AT&T in-store employees, too, one of which when I bought my S.
    Respect your elders.
    2009-08-27 05:23 AM
    ^It would be total crap for them to try and charge more for it. They need to kiss arse since it wasnt included to began with (iphone 07) and was promised with the 3GS and we're STILL waiting
    2009-08-27 05:27 AM
    Hopefully they don't try and pull some funny business and make iPhone users pay more for MMS. But I should be good I am on a family unlimited messaging which includes MMS. $30 a month for 2 lines was ok, but I recently jumped to 4 lines and that price split between us feels like nothing.
    2009-08-28 03:31 AM
    I just switched from tmobile to att and having 3G speed is awesome! tmobile is going to lose a lot of biz!
    2009-08-29 02:08 AM
    It is almost as if they want the customers to leave.

Hey you with an iPhone! Yeah, we are going to start charging you the same rate At&T charges and give you slower speeds.

(ps, I am lucky and have the 4.99 data plan and it still works with no prob. but as soon as they try to switch me
    -I leave taking my family plan
    -My parents leave (5 phones)
    -My brother and his family leaves
    -My sister and her family leaves

So by them trying to charge me an extra 10-15 dollars a month they lose 600. Sounds like a good strategy to me.
    2009-08-29 02:30 AM
    You would thing they would try to give the TMobile people a break since they went out of their way to buy a phone for AT&T and stayed with them, at a slower speed.
    2009-08-29 04:00 AM
    the 9.99 web2go plan still works on my 2g that i have under their family plan still

the phone belongs to my girlfriend now though

yeah i do think it is dumb that they are trying to force us to use the 24.99 plan while we can pay 30 here (25 with discount) for 3g
    2009-08-29 07:27 PM
    If you were out of contract you could've played your cards right and got something out of ol' tmobile.

Should've demanded a mytouch and then threw it on eBay.
    2009-08-30 12:06 AM
    Me a new iphone 3g
    Tmobile decided that it would be a great idea to screw everyone with an iphone from their 9.99 plan to their 24.99 EDGE data package.

My contract was up and I decided to head to the local ATT store to get me a new contract and iphone, I figured if I am going to pay that much for it, I might as well get the 3g speed.

So what is this about MMS being enabled on all our 3g phones?

Any extra cost? I am on the 3.0 FW still and I just jail broke it, less than an hour of owning the phone and its jail broken already

wow!! t-mo is now charging 24.99 for data. its not even 3G data at least for the iphone. I pay 23.99 on at&t with my 20% discount. i hate how at&t doesn't offer a family data share plan its not fair.

F**K at&t, but welcome to the family of happy iphone users and unhappy at&t subscribers.
    2009-09-01 04:38 AM
    If you were out of contract you could've played your cards right and got something out of ol' tmobile.

Should've demanded a mytouch and then threw it on eBay.
    still in contract, i just gave the phone to my girlfriend and went to sign up with att

otherwise yeah i woulda done that my family has been with tmobile for years and years so i woulda got something outa it lol
    2009-09-03 01:15 AM
    actually after the temporary data problem with tmo the 9.99 data plan is working again...for how long who knows...my gf uses that and her phone is fine again...luckly im on my grandfather 19.99 bb plan i had before...its alittle cheaper i guess...tho im thinking bout trying att but im not sure i just hate having to pay like 40+ more a month for what i have with tmobile for the same from att...
    2009-09-03 02:24 AM
    wow!! t-mo is now charging 24.99 for data. its not even 3G data at least for the iphone. I pay 23.99 on at&t with my 20% discount. i hate how at&t doesn't offer a family data share plan its not fair.

F**K at&t, but welcome to the family of happy iphone users and unhappy at&t subscribers.
    How do you get 20% discount?
    2009-09-03 04:19 PM
    i just switch to at&t 3g rocks
    2009-09-04 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD