Well I got some good news. I also got the sept 20 date from a tier two rep. Right now he said select areas have it avaiable and those in that area will receive a text and a update on iTunes.
    2009-09-03 11:20 AM
    my area doesn't even have 3G yet so I highly doubt I'm in one of the early areas lol
    2009-09-03 01:19 PM
    I am hoping that they come out with a MMS reject feature so I can block all of the inevitable "ooooh look at this!" MMS junk.
    2009-09-03 02:31 PM
    Ok just called again cause they thought it was stolen and was going through several states I talk to a really cool lady but they are to update the webpages mms will not be coming until late fall. Time to join class action lawsuits everyone
    2009-09-03 03:00 PM
    Stopped in my local AT&T store to talk to them about upgraded my son's phone to a iphone. We talked about what been going on with mms. He told me it being turned on in areas in preparation for the firmware update. In my area its been on for several weeks. This rep is into the iphone big time, talked my wife into geting mine when i asked her to pick up something cheap when they could not fix my razr.

Explains why mine worked when 3.0 first came out then stopped for about a month then started back up a few weeks back. He also said that phones with the 5.0 settings wont work. I switched mine to the 4.5 when it first came out.

I told him how mine still did not send to multi people and had a long pause before sending the mms out. Said he could fix that took my phone in the back came back 10min later and i can now send to muti people and the pause is almost gone. Forgot to ask what he did was I was in a rush to get going.

Did notice i can not access my carrier settings option it's no longer their. Looks like it is coming very soon to both 3g like mine and 3gs.
    Everyone that claims to have gotten MMS working always posts and runs
    2009-09-04 07:02 AM
    What do you need to know? I haven't done any of the 'tricks' or anything recently. Suddenly, this morning, out of nowhere I sent one and it worked. I am in Fallon, NV out of network for a few weeks. I haven't posted any pictures of it working but I have no reason to lie. For some strange reason its working. I got my wife at home in Virginia to put the 4.5 carrier settings in her phone to try it since we are on a family plan and her's does not work. I have no idea why not since it is a family plan.
    2009-09-04 08:45 AM
    What do you need to know? I haven't done any of the 'tricks' or anything recently. Suddenly, this morning, out of nowhere I sent one and it worked. I am in Fallon, NV out of network for a few weeks. I haven't posted any pictures of it working but I have no reason to lie. For some strange reason its working. I got my wife at home in Virginia to put the 4.5 carrier settings in her phone to try it since we are on a family plan and her's does not work. I have no idea why not since it is a family plan.
    I was not talking about you. Its weird why it works for some people and not others. For instance my wife's phone has had MMS since I updated my original ipcc back in April. My MMS goes out every two weeks and then I have to tweak things to get it working again.
    2009-09-04 08:48 AM
    I was not talking about you. Its weird why it works for some people and not others. For instance my wife's phone has had MMS since I updated my original ipcc back in April. My MMS goes out every two weeks and then I have to tweak things to get it working again.
    First I have to say. Do you ever sleep??

No, It does not make any sense at all. I have had mine randomly work since April or so. I did the sim swap and it worked for a few hours or so. Then it stopped, then out of nowhere I got a couple of MMS's show up with swirly. I was unable to actually download them but it did notify me that I had gotten them.

I did the SIM card deal again and got the messages and then it stuck for a little more than a month. Then it was gone again.

Move fwd a few months to a week or so ago. We talked about it recently where my camera icon kept disappearing and I had to to a restore to get it back. It was that I had no settings in for the MMS. Then I was texting the wife and the phone froze all of a sudden a txt came through with 5 pictures. Send a lesbian picture day or something. Anyways. I was like cool. They threw the switch. Nope could send one and got no more sent to me.
    Well I put Swirly back in a few days ago in anticipation since it allows for more true MMS sending ability(videos and such) I had the 5.0 settings in and it never really worked. I figured once I saw the 4.5 settings from the 3.1beta out there I would give that a go. I put them in about three days ago and that did nothing. Pretty much since then I try sending one every morning and nothing. Until this morning. It went and has been working flawlessly since. I took SwirlyMMS2 out kinda testing to see which was actually making it work. Just experimenting. I did notice everytime I opened swirly my phone would basically reset the sim. I would completely drop the connecting I had. It would goto searching and then reconnect. It did that every single time it did it.

So I am running just the 4.5 carrier file. Maybe it works because I kept trying to send. Maybe its because I am technically out of network. I every have the OFF NETWORK on the top.

I do my testing as to not annoy people by sending to myself. So here's the pics I have
    Attached Thumbnails been waiting for mms-off.jpg   been waiting for mms-sent.jpg   been waiting for mms-rx.jpg   been waiting for mms-receive.jpg  
    2009-09-04 09:32 AM
    First I have to say. Do you ever sleep??
    sleep? What's that?

Send a lesbian picture day or something.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-04 09:38 AM
    Well the 25th equals anniversary day for me n the girl so I don't gotta buy nothing. Stealthbravo you heard anything about the coverflow being white?
    2009-09-04 04:49 PM
    Maybe at&t is going down the list of iphone imei numbers and enabling them. the reason why some people have mms working and some arent may be due to where the imei is on the listing. since no one wants to reveal their imei number, for security reasons, we wont know for sure.
    2009-09-04 07:02 PM
    Maybe at&t is going down the list of iphone imei numbers and enabling them. the reason why some people have mms working and some arent may be due to where the imei is on the listing. since no one wants to reveal their imei number, for security reasons, we wont know for sure.
    The other thought I had was enabling by location. Are they enabling the MMS in high population areas first such as the big cities. I would guess these places that have full 3G coverage have the best chance of supporting the expected large increase in traffic.
    2009-09-04 08:35 PM
    Well the 25th equals anniversary day for me n the girl so I don't gotta buy nothing. Stealthbravo you heard anything about the coverflow being white?

I try to catch a few hours of sleep every night

No luck on the white coverflow yet. We have a call into saurik about it
    2009-09-04 08:47 PM
    ^^^^^^
    who sleeps now days i have an app that sleeps for me
    2009-09-05 06:02 AM
    ^^^lmfao....
    2009-09-05 06:04 AM
    OKay so i just spent 2 hours or so trying to get my phone to downgrade to 3.0.1 from 3.1 beta 3 and it was probably the hardest thing ever and i still cant get my mms to work so i dont know i think i am losing my mind anyone have any some good tips
    2009-09-05 07:00 AM
156 ... 678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD