wow i know this is extremely late but doing a lot of digging and finally making a friend at att tech support i found the culprit that blocks mms.
    Its in your sim cards, for guys who got bought thier iphone with sim card that sim is blocked from mms ing, also the carrier files but mainly the sim.
    1. first method is to update carrier file to 5.0 and go into an ATT corprate office and tell them that tech told you to have the sim changed, ( Ps. you must go in with another phone thats not an iphone )
    And while youre at it have em change your plan to the regular Unlimited Messaging + Data for 30 Bucks.
    They say it wont work but trust me i've been using it for about a week now and it works. that will equal a big savings on your bill too. because Iphone data $30 + Unlimited Messaging $20 =$50

Rather Both for just $30

I know this is really late and mms in being released sometime soon, but for those like me who just hate the idea of someone else controlling when i get something that i was supposto have had EONS ago then this will work for you guaranteed!!!!!!!!!
    2009-09-01 12:17 AM
    I didn't change sims but did the same thing back in November but I just did it over the phone. This is actually common knowledge on this forum. I did it to get mms with swirly, and when 3.0 came out it wasn't hard to make it work.
    2009-09-01 12:25 AM
    I know a couple days ago i post some MMS pics however i been mmsing since friday when i found out that the feature was already on my iPhone i just had to activate it
    Last edited by ZLG; 2009-09-16 at 12:33 PM.
    2009-09-01 06:18 AM
    It's not the sim card that's the culprit.
    It's the iPhone's messaging plan. once you switch to a regular messaging plan MMS is enabled
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-09-01 06:23 AM
    I did change Messaging plans to the regular UNLTD and not the iphone did all the steps with switching phones etc , which lasted for a cpl hrs.
    but it wasn't till i went in and changed the sim that it finally stayed on,
    did this for mine and my brother's phone and now both are working fine
    2009-09-01 07:10 AM
    So you're saying that if I change my plan to unlimited messaging and data for $30, I'll get 3g?
    2009-09-02 12:13 AM
    It is not the sim card. I used a simple hack from the sinful repo on cydia and now I have MMS working perfectly on my 3gs on AT&T. I have a family unlimited texting plan (2 iPhones and 3 other phones on my plan) but mine is working perfectly now.
    2009-09-02 04:06 AM
    It is not the sim card. I used a simple hack from the sinful repo on cydia and now I have MMS working perfectly on my 3gs on AT&T. I have a family unlimited texting plan (2 iPhones and 3 other phones on my plan) but mine is working perfectly now.
    Which package? Nevermind... just installing the MMS settings doesn't remove the "opt-out MMS" block on your AT&T account. Sorry.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2009-09-02 at 04:25 AM.
    2009-09-02 04:21 AM
    ^ I don't know while people don't understand that there is nothing you can do on your phone to remove the block on AT&T's end.
    2009-09-02 04:49 AM
    ^^^Yep all we can do is wait for at&t slooowww @$$....
    2009-09-02 04:56 AM
    ^^^Yep all we can do is wait for at&t slooowww @$$....
    Well they do but us moderators have the secret hack to make it work
    2009-09-02 04:57 AM
    Well they do but us moderators have the secret hack to make it work
    i wanna know too lol
    2009-09-02 05:12 AM
    Aaa
    Last edited by karloz25; 2010-09-28 at 06:13 AM.
    2009-09-02 06:49 AM
    We can't force mms on these iphones. Remember, we are the customers not the ATT workers!

I want mms on my 3gs but im not gonna break my neck to make all these adjustments in efforts of trial and error
    2009-09-02 04:11 PM
    wow i know this is extremely late but doing a lot of digging and finally making a friend at att tech support i found the culprit that blocks mms.
    Its in your sim cards, for guys who got bought thier iphone with sim card that sim is blocked from mms ing, also the carrier files but mainly the sim.
    1. first method is to update carrier file to 5.0 and go into an ATT corprate office and tell them that tech told you to have the sim changed, ( Ps. you must go in with another phone thats not an iphone )
    And while youre at it have em change your plan to the regular Unlimited Messaging + Data for 30 Bucks.
    They say it wont work but trust me i've been using it for about a week now and it works. that will equal a big savings on your bill too. because Iphone data $30 + Unlimited Messaging $20 =$50

Rather Both for just $30

I know this is really late and mms in being released sometime soon, but for those like me who just hate the idea of someone else controlling when i get something that i was supposto have had EONS ago then this will work for you guaranteed!!!!!!!!!
    I dont know how thats even possible. I have a AT&T National Retailer Account Plan that has "Regular" MMS unlimited and my iPhone 3GS cant send or receive pics. Everything else works just fine. I can surf Safari, access the App Store, and etc all without the iPhone Data Plan. So how are you able to receive and send? I would like to know please.

Thanks
    8GB 2G 1.0.2v 3.14.08_G AT&T RIP
    16GB 3G 2.0.2v 2.02.01 AT&T RIP
    8GB 3G 3.0 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.0.1 04.26.08 AT&T RIP
    16GB 3GS 3.1.3 5.12.01 AT&T RIP
    16GB iPhone4 3.10.01 4.2.1 Fancy iPod

2009-09-03 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD