Spoke to a buddy of mine at AT&T and asked him about this. It looks like on my account, the iPhone data plan was automatically put onto my account in a waiting status and would automatically activate on Sept. 14th. I ended up just having him add it for my gf cause it gave him a commission boost. Oh well..
    Mine didn't activate so how do you explain that? And why not just WAIT!! for it to automatically do it?? (If that really is the case) In the mean time ENJOY at least 15 dollars less on your bill.

FYI Iphone plans don't get corporate discounts so it's quite a bit more than a 15 dollar savings.
    2009-09-16 01:12 AM
    Only thing that changed on my account was that the internet doesnt work any more :-\

my phone says i dont have a data plan

Any solutions other than to change data plans?
    2009-09-16 11:18 PM
    You bought the phone now pay the price to own it.
    Android user suffering from iPhone withdraw.
    2009-09-17 02:15 AM
    Only thing that changed on my account was that the internet doesnt work any more :-

my phone says i dont have a data plan

Any solutions other than to change data plans?
    got to help.BenM.at and download the APN for AT&T That is the easiest way.
    Or what I did was put in a Tmobile sim and the APN settings will show up so you can manually enter them. wap.cingular then put back in the AT&T sim the APN editing feature may or may not stay after that but the APN will be set.
    Or Google how to do the custom IPCC file hack. This is a bit tough but will get you MMS and tethering.

Enjoy..
    Last edited by techierob; 2009-09-18 at 02:46 AM.
    2009-09-18 02:22 AM
    I have been receiving the text messages about not having the correct data plan for a few months now. I chose to ignore it because I don't want ATT messing with my account and changing something in there that makes my MMS quit working. Also, I don't feel like paying their extra price for MMS once they finally decide to grace the rest of the world with it.

The 14th came and went and there was no change on my phone. However, this morning, my phone started telling me I didn't have a data plan anymore. After doing a little searching around I decided to change the APN setting for cellular data from phone to wap.cingular.

What do you know.... my data works again. I can get my corporate email, app store, safari, etc.... and my MMS still works too.... Yeah.....
    2009-09-18 05:19 PM
    The 14th came and went and there was no change on my phone. However, this morning, my phone started telling me I didn't have a data plan anymore. After doing a little searching around I decided to change the APN setting for cellular data from phone to wap.cingular.

What do you know.... my data works again. I can get my corporate email, app store, safari, etc.... and my MMS still works too.... Yeah.....

I Have the same issue and i called AT&T and they said i would have to get the 3g plan in order for mine to work. I use a $20 unlimited data and 200 text message plan. Now my phone says am not subscribed to any data plan. Now i have no Data on it. only sms and phone service.

Can you give us the steps you took to get it working again? and if there is any tutorial you followed.

Thanks.

Never mind i found something online. I found this method online after searching around. From what i read you can also use the iPhone Configuration Utility and this should only be for 3.0

Anyone that wants to know.

Turn on WIFI on your iPhone
    go to Safari
    web: unlockit.co.nz
    Choose: Continue
    Choose: Custom
    APN: wap.cingular
    USERNAME: [email protected]
    PASSWORD: CINGULAR1
    Set Carrier: US AT&T

Hit create profile.
    Hit install
    Wait for the Done button, then hit Done.
    exit and reboot phone.

Your iPhone should work with 3G/Edge again without any messages from AT&T.
    Last edited by legendka7; 2009-09-21 at 11:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-09-21 11:31 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD