Hi, At first I didn't have the on off button in my networks setting for the tethering. I figured if I dowloaded a crack for it from cydia I'd be able to tether for free. So I dowloaded Internet Tethering from cydia, something about mobile configs, and at the end of the guide it said "WARNINGS: AT&T could be charging you. Nobody knows. Do this at your own risk." what the heck is that suppose to mean.

Can ne one help me get free tethering from my iPhone 3Gs.

Thanks in advance.
    2009-09-24 06:46 AM
    Just search its around here some where
    2009-09-24 07:15 AM
    Yeah I've searched around already, couldn't find ne thing that's when I started up this thread.
    2009-09-24 12:13 PM
    Yeah I've searched around already, couldn't find ne thing that's when I started up this thread.
    In this section of the forums is, ""Guide: MMS and Tethering working with AT&T on 3.0 iphone" by StealthBravo which in simple steps details how to download an ipcc file and upload that to your phone to enable internet tethering.

"WARNINGS: AT&T could be charging you. Nobody knows. Do this at your own risk."

The warning to me is self explanatory. You are enabling a feature that AT&T hasn't offered yet and it makes sense that they would charge for it. Most people that have posted say if you stay under your 5gb cap for the "unlimited data plan" on the iPhone you shouldn't have any problems. I've been using this since I got my 3GS when they were released and haven't had any problems. I also haven't used more than 2gb in a month though for data transfer.
    2009-09-24 02:06 PM
    if this dosent work, jailbreak you phone and intall PDANet. it works great for me.
    2009-09-24 05:01 PM
    if this dosent work, jailbreak you phone and intall PDANet. it works great for me.
    Same here...been using PDANet for a long time and it works perfect. Very fast too when it is connected by usb instead of wireless! Love it!
    2009-09-24 06:37 PM
    I capped at 21 gb last month on tethering on my 3gs. i havent received any sms about wrong data plan. and i didnt get any extra charge on my bill either. so much for the warning.
    2009-09-25 05:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD