This may be a really stupid question, but when I make or receive a call through Google Voice, is it free?
    2010-02-10 11:04 PM
    Depends on the setup.

If you're on a plan that includes A-List, then you can set your GV number as one of the List numbers and make unlimited calls to other through that number (either by calling it, dialing your PIN and press 2 to call others, or using callback on the website). If you set the CID for incoming voice calls to your GV number, you can even have incoming calls using the GV number without additional charge.

Otherwise, not unless the incoming CID is from a AT&T wireless number (if your plan has unlimited Mobile-2-Mobile) or calls are received/made during nights and weekends (if your plan has 'free' N&W).
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2010-02-11 at 05:58 AM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
    2010-02-11 05:46 AM
    Depends on the setup.

If you're on a plan that includes A-List, then you can set your GV number as one of the List numbers and make unlimited calls to other through that number (either by calling it, dialing your PIN and press 2 to call others, or using callback on the website). If you set the CID for incoming voice calls to your GV number, you can even have incoming calls using the GV number without additional charge.

Otherwise, not unless the incoming CID is from a AT&T wireless number (if your plan has unlimited Mobile-2-Mobile) or calls are received/made during nights and weekends (if your plan has 'free' N&W).
    Silly question, what if we use the GV Mobile + app? I use it all the time, but I do have my GV number set-up as an A-List number.
    2010-02-16 06:45 PM
    GV Mobile + is just a more-native frontend for the GV website. Using it won't change your setup, unless you choose to.

GVM+ defaults to 'ringback' mode for calls, but can also do 'offline dialing,' which is the same as calling the GV number from your phone and using the prompts.
    2010-02-16 09:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD