User Tag List

Hi Everyone! Thanks to the many smart posters here, I've been able to get AT&T to drop my data plan and get my iPhone to not access data over the 3G network. BUT... I can't get voice mail to work! I've got it so that I can call voice mail and retrieve that way, but can't get visual voice mail screen on my phone. When I click the voice mail icon, it immediately dials the voice mail system. Wouldn't be a problem except I don't get any notification that I've got a message waiting. I've tried resetting my phone settings, no luck with that. I think AT&T may have turned visual voice mail off? Anyone been able to solve this?
    2010-03-27 07:29 PM
    You can get visual voicemail through YouMail, if you want it
    2010-03-27 07:31 PM
    ughh. I spoke to soon. I just got an email from AT&T saying that they've detected I'm using a iPhone. My data usage says 0.
    2010-03-28 02:38 AM
    Bummer. But that's just how it is. That's yet another reason to unlock and use a carrier with reasonable prices
    2010-03-28 04:47 AM
    I use google voice
    2010-03-29 10:49 PM
    blackberry visual voicemail (BBVV) is a standalone feature, so if theres a blackberry on the account that could be added... and it provisions to the iphone the same as iphone visual voicemail (IPVV).

but thats only with a blackberry on the acct....

i know this doesnt help much, but it is a way to get it.

you just have to make sure that if you do put a BB on ur acct, they dont add the BBPersonal data plan.
    yoTelefonoTresG, now introducing...
    the new..
    yoTelefonoCuatro.

say "Amen Brotha!" or "thanks a bunch!", click that "Thanks!" button!
    2010-04-01 06:52 PM
    If you manage to get your data removed again, you should know that visual voice mail goes over data. I have an iphone with no data (att hasnt caught me yet) and when i first set up the phone, it said that i wouldnt be able to use VVM without data. I dont remember if i had to change settings or if it was just a notifivcation
    2010-04-09 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD