Greetings all, i'm hoping someone might talk with me about where to go with my old iphone 2g. The at&t contract has expired as of april 2010 for me so I'm wanting to get away from these $67.00
    a month phone bills and was wondering what the rest of you smart folks are doing out there to avoid these high rates!

I'd like to drop at&t altogether if possible. I've heard of using pre-paid sim cards. My iphone 2g is Jail Broken from the program "spirit"

Is something like that advisable? I'm not really concerned about the well being or warranties on the actual iphone hardware at this point.

I really only use this iphone around the house on our wireless router to surf youtube and the web and occasionally send instant messages.

Can all this be done using a pre-paid sim card?
    Does the sim card just allow for telephone access?
    If so, would i still be able to connect to the web while
    in my own house in the wi-fi area?

many thanks for your patience!!

william-
    2010-05-15 07:32 PM
    Greetings all, i'm hoping someone might talk with me about where to go with my old iphone 2g. The at&t contract has expired as of april 2010 for me so I'm wanting to get away from these $67.00
    a month phone bills and was wondering what the rest of you smart folks are doing out there to avoid these high rates!

I'd like to drop at&t altogether if possible. I've heard of using pre-paid sim cards. My iphone 2g is Jail Broken from the program "spirit"

Is something like that advisable? I'm not really concerned about the well being or warranties on the actual iphone hardware at this point.

I really only use this iphone around the house on our wireless router to surf youtube and the web and occasionally send instant messages.

Can all this be done using a pre-paid sim card?
    Does the sim card just allow for telephone access?
    If so, would i still be able to connect to the web while
    in my own house in the wi-fi area?

many thanks for your patience!!

william-
    Yes the 2g can be used with a prepaid gophone sim card. I have been using it for a year, and I just hooked up my sisters 2g.

We both have calls in and out, texting in and out and internet via wifi.
    2010-05-15 11:38 PM
    thank you very much! Great news, I will head out and find these gophone sim cards
    2010-05-20 09:32 AM
    Check out T-Mobile, they might be able to get you a good deal..
    2010-05-20 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD