Hi,

I have an iphone i gave to a friend of mine that has at&t but does not have an iphone plan, i gave him a 3gs on 4.0 jailbroken and unlocked.

i turned off the data so he doesnt get charges and he only uses it when connected to wifi but he is unable to send any mms, picture messages, it keeps failing. if we turn the data on it sends it fine.

is there a way to be able to send an mms with the data off and connected to wifi?

i would think there has to be some kind of tweak that can point the mms to the wifi connection to send it.

if anyone can help it would be appreciated

Thank you
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button
    2010-07-26 12:45 AM
    Well the mms configuration is in the same place as the internet configuration but they are separate so I would think that you could change the Internet settings to something that's incorrect so that it won't pick up data but then keep the correct mms settings and I would guess that will work. To modify those go to settings > general > network > network settings and if you don't see network settings you'll have to find a package in cydia or rock that allows you to manually modify em. Anyone know one? There are probably a bunch of them and I would guess you could search Internet settings in cydia and something would come up. I would for you but I'm stuck unjailbroken until the iPhone 4 is rooted
    2010-07-27 03:10 AM
    Well the mms configuration is in the same place as the internet configuration but they are separate so I would think that you could change the Internet settings to something that's incorrect so that it won't pick up data but then keep the correct mms settings and I would guess that will work. To modify those go to settings > general > network > network settings and if you don't see network settings you'll have to find a package in cydia or rock that allows you to manually modify em. Anyone know one? There are probably a bunch of them and I would guess you could search Internet settings in cydia and something would come up. I would for you but I'm stuck unjailbroken until the iPhone 4 is rooted
    i was thinking the same thing that there has to be a tweak or something in cydia but i couldnt find anything for it. im sure its something that could be done. hopefully someone will write a tweak that would point the mms to use the wifi when the data is turned off..

thank you for your reply
    If I Helped You Hit The Thanks Button
    2010-07-27 07:49 AM
    which application is used to mod the network settings?
    2010-08-07 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD