User Tag List

Ok, so ive been with ATT for 2 years already and i qualified for the iPhone 4. So i bought 4 iphones for 200 each. My question is im only going to keep 1 or 2 of them and sell the other 2. How can i make this work without having to pay any "fees" and what not. Right now im using the 3G without using the dataplan because i told them its my friends. Now that i bought them on MY name, idont think thatll work. or will it?
    Here are my ideas.

Idea 1- Tell ATT im going out of the country and im not planning on using the iPhone there or the data plan so is it possible to cancel the data and switch it to a normal phone temporarily (not really).
    Idea 2- Since the iPhone 4 uses a microsim, I can tell them i lost the sim card and need a replacement, and then ill tell them i have the iphone but dont want to use it at the moment, and then they'll give me a normal sim card which then i can put in a normal phone, call customer service and tell them to cancel data.
    Idea 3- Buy a microsim adapter and put the sims in normal phones and call them nd tell them i want to cancel data for a few months cause im having issues with the iphone and dont have the money to fix it at the moment.

What do you guys think. I need urgent help on this or im screwed -_-. Thanks
    2010-08-08 08:35 PM
    That sucks lol.
    2010-08-08 08:51 PM
    I think you may be screwed
    2010-08-14 03:09 PM
    Just sell 'em. AT&T's ETF is $325, and the phones were $200. Sell them for at least $525 each, which you should be able to get, and you're in the black. Sell 'em for a bit more and you make a small profit. JB and unlock them to maximize potential profit.
    2010-08-14 05:54 PM
    Oh...those phones will sell for more than $525 easily :P

Totally agree w/ Trooper Sam, youll make money.
    2010-08-14 06:01 PM
    Have an old phone in hand. Call AT&T cancellation department and tell them you have a dumbphone now without data, so you have to cancel the data plan. Give them the dumbphones' IMEI number and they'll remove the data plan. Don't mention anything about the iPhone 4 unless they ask. If they do ask, tell them you don't have it anymore.
    2010-08-15 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD