Or is the contract over?
    2010-09-28 11:26 PM
    Nobody knows, I thought the contract was over even before the 4 came out, that's why there's rumors of it coming to verizon. Even if the contract is up, It doesn't mean they won't get it, it just means they wont be the only carrier with it. I'm sure apple will still stick with them now that their 4g network is rolling out
    2010-09-28 11:58 PM
    Or is the contract over?
    I talked to an Apple person the contract is not over but the contract was slightly changed I don't know how, it could had been changed to allow for another carrier, but Apple did renew there contract with AT&T till 2012
    2010-09-29 12:02 AM
    why wouldnt att get the next phone they already have a huge customer base there it would be stupid not to give it to them
    2010-09-30 11:20 PM
    The change is probably why we can use streaming video apps and voip apps now.
    2010-10-01 01:50 AM
    I would agree with shanejoe. It seems more likely not just in this past year but also in the future that the device would be able to go to other carriers but still be available for AT&T still. AT&T might lose exclusivity to the iPhone but it wouldn't stop carrying the iPhone.
    2010-10-01 05:41 AM
    Yes AT&T will always have the iPhone just lose exclusive rights to it.
    2010-10-01 05:58 AM
    With Apple preparing to produce CDMA iPhones, it's likely that iPhones will eventually go to other carriers as well, such as Verizon.
    2010-10-01 06:10 AM
    With Apple preparing to produce CDMA iPhones, it's likely that iPhones will eventually go to other carriers as well, such as Verizon.
    There is nothing but speculation that Apple is working on CDMA phones. That said, there was an article that they might be using the a new qualcomm chip that is cdma/gsm.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--
    2010-10-01 06:51 AM
    My point exactly, AT&T will still carry the iphone. So who cares if it went to Verizon or Tmobile?? Since ATT proves its customer base will pay ANY amount of money to run the iphone the other carriers would probably keep the high pricing data required plans. BTW, Tmobile would make it mandatory for a data plan for the iphone if they carried it. They can't plus the other smartphones they carry are required data plans $25 for edge?? I guess u guys thought if ATT stopped exclusivity then they would drop all there customers-a joke. LOL
    2010-10-04 07:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD