Hi everyone,

I have a question about data plans on the iphone. I recently gave a friend of mine an iphone 3g I had lying around for his birthday. He Has AT&T, and he has been using a little samsung phone, and hes on a family plan that has an unlimited regular data plan, but not 3G.

Problem is when he pops in his sim, He cannot use internet at all. Ive read that an iphone data plan is different than a regular plan. I guess so that big brother can keep track of who is using iphones and whose not? Is there a way that I can set up the phone to work with this regular data plan? it is jailbroken and is running os 3.1.3

Thank you!
    2010-10-25 08:38 AM
    go to the website on your phone via wifi

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone

and select the AT&T settings.

please note that At&t does scan IMEI's and it could be discovered that you are using a smartphone without proper data plan and at&t will add the proper data plan your monthly statement.
    2010-10-25 09:44 AM
    hmm, thanks for the info that's helpful. So i've been reading around and apparently spoofing an imei is almost impossible/super illegal, so I guess I won't ask for help with that, lol.

But if I do change the settings and AT&T notices, will they just add a data plan without even contacting the contract holder? Since they have new Data plans now, which one would they add? There's a big difference between $15 and $45 per month, lol.

thanks
    2010-10-25 11:31 PM
    They will send you a free text notifying you about the added charge and they will put you on the 15 dollar data plan
    2010-10-26 09:43 AM
    Hmm alright, thanks for the info guys.
    2010-10-26 09:03 PM
    No problem therese a button for that
    2010-10-26 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD