Hey I wanted to get a line with AT&T and they said I have to pay $500 dollars to open a line with them. I already have the iPhone 4 I'm gonna use so why to I have to pay $500 ? Help please
    2011-02-22 04:10 PM
    2011-02-22 04:48 PM
    4.21 can tht get unlocked
    2011-02-22 06:13 PM
    Hey I wanted to get a line with AT&T and they said I have to pay $500 dollars to open a line with them. I already have the iPhone 4 I'm gonna use so why to I have to pay $500 ? Help please
    If you have the iPhone all ready you don't need to pay the deposit... That is in case you want a need phone.. Go to a store and say you want to activate a postpaid accout without contract and they will activate you... I used to work for AT&T for 5 years...
    2011-02-22 07:47 PM
    2011-02-22 08:10 PM
    no
    No what!!
    2011-02-22 08:36 PM
    If you have the iPhone all ready you don't need to pay the deposit... That is in case you want a need phone.. Go to a store and say you want to activate a postpaid accout without contract and they will activate you... I used to work for AT&T for 5 years...
    Oh ok so it's called postpaid and why did they tell me They had to run a credit check??
    2011-02-22 08:40 PM
    I would disagree, especially now with how bad many people's credit reports are due to the economy. at&t's not into giving people service without something in return...
    Oh ok so it's called postpaid and why did they tell me They had to run a credit check??
    Unless you're going prepaid (GoPhone, H2O, etc), you will be subject to a credit check and/or deposit. This is because a postpaid account is similar to a line of credit, credit card or other 'bill me later' service. You aren't usually paying up front for your service, it gets billed to you after-the-fact. That would require you to have good credit or a means of collateral (deposit).

Postpaid service can be w/ or w/out a contract or commitment. A contract is only related to the purchase of equipment in this case.

That's pretty much all there is to it.

If at&t told you that you had to pay $500 deposit once, then try again and see if it was just a misinterpreting of your credit report. If they say it repeatedly, then it's not anything you can control.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave
    2011-02-24 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD