User Tag List

Hey guys,

I think I have figured out a way around AT&T Unlimited data throttling. I currently am looking for some help with proving that it is 100% true. I am constantly throttled every month. 5GB is pathetic when your download speeds are pushing 60+MBPS.

Here is a speed test you all have seen after your 5GB limit:
    AT&T Throttling - Imgur

Here is a speed test you all haven't seen after your 5GB limit:
    AT&T Throttling - Imgur

If you are a dev willing to help prove my thinking, please contact me vie email (swarren08 @ me) or twitter (swarren08)

Thanks,
    Stephen
    2014-12-02 12:42 AM
    There was a plist entry you could change in iOS7 (carrier.plist). Not sure about iOS8 google Enable3GSwitchOnCat carrier.plist.

Here is a few links that came up.
    [Request] A feature to disable 3g/4g so i can use edge or 2g to save battery life : jailbreak
    Getting a 3G toggle - JailbreakQA
    Carrier.plist - The iPhone Wiki

WARNING: I did not try any of this, and would recommend backing up every file you change. I just googled. If you mess up something you will have no carrier service.

More specifically if you follow information on google it tells that the carrier.plist is located in var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundle.bundle. This file has a toggle for Show3GSwitchOnCat10HW, but also backs up the plist in overrides_N56_N61.plist. Which means you will need to rename overrides_N65_N61.plist or delete it. Also var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ATT_US.bundle has this same plist.

This is as far as I go, as much as I hate being throttled, service is better than no service.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 2014-12-02 at 01:48 AM.
    2014-12-02 01:36 AM
    2014-12-02 01:45 AM
    Your throttled speeds push 60? I'm at home with the best plan AT&T has fire my neighborhood and I get 3 on good days.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-12-02 04:10 AM
    Your throttled speeds push 60? I'm at home with the best plan AT&T has fire my neighborhood and I get 3 on good days.
    No, he is saying that PRE-throttling it is 60+. That is normal LTE speeds with GREAT coverage for most providers. The first image he posted with the sub-1Mbps speed is AFTER they throttle the hell out of him.
    2014-12-02 07:52 PM
    That makes MUCH more sense. I was like WTH AT&T?!

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!
    2014-12-02 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD